Subject: [AVT] IFIP Networking 2006 - CFP Workshop

From: Jorge Sá Silva <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:22:49 -0000

Call for Papers
 
--------------------------------------------------
Performance Control in Wireless Sensor Networks,
a Workshop at the 2006 IFIP Networking Conference.
--------------------------------------------------
 
Please apologise cross/multiple posting, and please
feel free to distribute this CfP further.
 
Networking 2006 will take place at the University of
Coimbra, Portugal, between May 15 and May 19.
 
Detailed information
====================
http://www.cs.ucc.ie/~ur1/networking2006/
http://networking2006.dei.uc.pt/workshops.htm
 
Important Dates
===============
March 17th, 2006     Papers due
April 10th, 2006     Notification of acceptance
April 17th, 2006     Camera ready papers due
 
Goal and Overview
==================
The Performance Control in WirelessSensor Networks Workshop will be a
half-day, peer-reviewed workshop on Friday, May 19, 2006. The aim of
the workshop is to bring together professionals from academia and
industry to discuss performance issues in wireless sensor networks.
The focus of the workshop will be on work in progress.
 
Call for Papers
===============
Wireless sensor networks are currently the subject of intense research
and many prototype installations are currently investigated. These
existing sensor network installations have in common that they are not
considered time critical. No immediate action has to be undertaken as
a response to the received data. However, many future application
areas of wireless sensor networks such as plant automation and
control, traffic management or medical applications require this
feature. In such environments, data has to be transported reliable and
in time through the sensor network. In other words, performance
guarantees regarding a variety of network parameters are required. Due
to the lack of appropriate models, components and protocols it is
currently very difficult to construct and operate a wireless sensor
network with a controlled performance. Thus, the commercial success of
wireless sensor networks in many application areas is unsure unless
this particular problem is understood and solved.
 
Topics of Interest Include:
===========================
This workshop intends to bring together researchers and practitioners,
working on performance issues within wireless sensor networks. Areas
of interest include, but are not limited to:
 
   * Models: Traffic models, channel models, mathematical models to
     balance performance parameters in the network.
   * MAC protocols: MAC protocols with deterministic behavior, MAC
     protocols to balance forwarding performance and energy consumption.
   * Routing and topology control: Methods to stabilize network
     topology, topology robustness.
   * Data transport: Control of data transport delay and reliability,
     methods to improve data forwarding performance in sensor networks.
   * Operating systems: Performance optimization and control of
     sensor network operating systems.
   * Middleware and frameworks: Middleware/frameworks providing
     performance guarantees for sensor network applications.
   * Security: The impact of security features on network performance.
 
Paper Submissions:
==================
The paper can report on work in progress. The size of the paper should
not exceed 8 pages (Please adhere to the formatting standard for a
manuscript of the Springer-Verlag LNCS). The cover page must contain
an abstract of about 150 words 3-5 keywords, name and affiliation of
author(s) as well as the corresponding author's e-mail and postal
address. Authors of accepted papers are expected to register and
present the paper at the Workshop.
 
Paper submission procedures will be announced on:
http://www.cs.ucc.ie/~ur1/networking2006/

-- 
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.9.4/57 - Release Date: 22-07-2005
 
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt