Subject: RE: [AVT] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol-02.txt

From: "Ash, Gerald R \(Jerry\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 17:46:28 -0600

Colin,

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

> I still find this draft difficult to read, and in need of a 
> significant rewrite to improve the quality of the prose, and of the 
> explanations.

Please provide any specific suggestions and/or suggested text, that way
you're more likely to be happy with the result!

> At the very least, I suggest expanding the introductory material on  
> MPLS and header compression, adding complete worked examples of the  
> negotiation process, 

I think you're suggesting an example of using the PW Interface Parameter
Sub-TLV carrying one of the HC setup TLVs given in Section 4.2 of
http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol-02.
txt.  Such an example would emphasize the PW setup and also show how the
HC scheme setup is performed with PWs.

> and editing the protocol description for clarity  
> of explanation. 

Again, please provide any specific suggestions and/or suggested text.

Thanks,
Jerry

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 09:57:02 +0000

Jerry,

On 6 Jan 2006, at 23:46, Ash, Gerald R ((Jerry)) wrote:
>> and editing the protocol description for clarity of explanation.
>

It is the responsibility of the authors to ensure a draft is  
readable, with good quality prose, not the responsibility of the  
working group chair. If you are unable to copy edit the draft  
yourself, I would suggest you hire a professional technical writer to  
do so.

> HC scheme setup is performed with PWs.

I'm suggesting there be a complete worked example of the entire  
negotiation process for a HC over MPLS flow, to make it clear exactly  
what messages flow and what they contain.

Colin