Subject: [AVT] I-D for Enhanced AC-3 RTP payload format

From: "Link, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 10:18:40 -0800

Hi AVT Folks,

I recently submitted a new I-D describing an RTP payload format for
carrying Enhanced AC-3 (E-AC-3) audio. E-AC-3 is an extension to AC-3,
and has been standardized and published as a revision to the AC-3
specification.

I'll appreciate comments and feedback about this I-D suggesting any
improvements or corrections that are needed. I also request that this be
accepted as an AVT working group document.

Best regards,
Brian

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
>
>
>	Title		: RTP Payload Format for E-AC-3 Audio
>	Author(s)	: B. Link
>	Filename	: draft-link-avt-rtp-eac3-00.txt
>	Pages		: 18
>	Date		: 2006-2-2
>	
>  This document describes an RTP payload format for transporting
>  Enhanced AC-3 (E-AC-3) encoded audio data.  E-AC-3 is a high quality,
>  multichannel audio coding format and is an extension of the AC-3
>  audio coding format, which is used in US HDTV, DVD, cable and
>  satellite television and other media.  E-AC-3 is an optional audio
>  format in US and world-wide digital television and high definition
>  DVD formats.  The RTP payload format as presented in this document
>  includes support for data fragmentation.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-link-avt-rtp-eac3-00.txt

--- 
Brian Link 
Dolby Laboratories, 100 Potrero Ave., San Francisco, CA 94103 
phone: 415-558-0324 fax: 415-863-1373 
email: [email-masked]  alt email: [email-masked] 

-----------------------------------------
This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information intended for a specific individual and purpose.  If you
are not the intended recipient, delete this message.  If you are
not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or
taking any action based on this message is strictly prohibited.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 09:07:24 +0000

On 6 Feb 2006, at 18:18, Link, Brian wrote:
> improvements or corrections that are needed.

 From a quick read, this looks to be in good shape. The main issue I  
noted is that the marker bit appears to be used in a manner more  
consistent with video, than with other audio formats.

> I also request that this be accepted as an AVT working group document.

This is clearly within the scope of our charter. Any objections from  
the working group? Please comment by 14th February. If there are no  
objections by that time, this can be submitted as a working group draft.

Colin