Subject: RE: [AVT] RTCP handling in mixers

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 10:13:33 +0200

Magnus,

This is an interesting scenario for a mixer since it needs to mix for B
and D a unicast stream with a multicast stream and for a new unicast
stream. My view, I think like Steve, is that the mixer needs to create a
new SSRC towards B, D and the multicast channel. To the multicast
channel, if it does not mix it will need to keep the SSRC mapping
between B and D and their SSRC in the multicast side. On the streams
towards B and D which are mixed, the mixer should create a new SSRC and
put the contributing resources. 

The Mixer when receiving a control message will need to know how to
handle it. For example in fast update, it will need to create a full
frame to send B or D, if they requested the fast update, and to request
from B or D to fast update if the request came from A or C

Roni

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Stephen Casner
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 9:43 AM
To: Magnus Westerlund
Cc: IETF AVT WG
Subject: Re: [AVT] RTCP handling in mixers

Magnus,

> We are working on updating the Codec Control messages in AVPF. In that

> draft we have been working on the topologies that may occur in

> conferencing. In that discussion I are a bit uncertain on how the RTP

> mixer model is supposed to handle RTCP in a specific case:

............

>                +-----+

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt