Subject: [AVT] Comments on draft-wenger-avt-avpf-ccm-01.txt

From: "Desineni, Harikishan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:23:55 -0800

Hello AVT Group,

Here are some comments on draft-wenger-avt-avpf-ccm-01.txt

It is desirable to have the flexibility to add new codec control
feedback messages, which are yet to be defined.

The draft should document the method to add such new messages to codec
control category of transport messages (New parameters to "ccci"
feedback value). This can be achieved by creating a registry of
arguments for the "ccci" feedback value defined by this draft. This
requires Section 8 on IANA considerations be updated with guidelines to
add new entries to this registry. I recommend that "Specification
required" rules defined in RFC 2434 be followed to add new entries to
this registry.

This also aligns the "IANA considerations section" (section 8) with the
"ccci-param"(Sec 7.1) grammar's "token" element (without such registry,
the usage/specification of "token" element in "ccci-param" grammar looks
incomplete).

Thanks,

Hari

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:56:13 +0100

Hi Hari,

Thank you for your comments. I agree that extensibility is desirable for 
the ccci. This has been a detail that hasn't been of any greater 
importance until we have a working solution for the concept and messages 
we do know of.

When it comes to the level for registration. I think we need to follow 
the rules that AVPF establish. Specification required is the general 
level required for extensions as I interpret it.

cheers

Magnus

Desineni, Harikishan wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]