Subject: [AVT] Working group management changes

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:02:02 +0000

As many of you will be aware, there are several changes to the IETF  
management structure in progress which will impact the AVT working  
group.

The first of these is that Magnus Westerlund has been nominated to  
serve as Transport Area Director effective from the Dallas IETF  
meeting. To allow him time to perform that role, Magnus has indicated  
that he will be resigning as AVT co-chair once a replacement has been  
organised. I'd like to publicly thank Magnus for the excellent job he  
has done as co-chair for the last three years, and wish him success  
as area director. We are now seeking nominations or volunteers for  
the AVT co-chair role.

Secondly, the IETF has created a new Real-time Applications and  
Infrastructure Area to augment the existing Transport Area. The AVT  
working group will move to this new area. This should not impact the  
day-to-day operation of the working group, but hopefully it will  
reduce the IESG workload and ease meeting scheduling.

Colin

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt