Subject: [AVT] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-howto-00.txt]

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:29:42 +0100

Hi AVTers!

The below announced draft is a draft around the topic of writing RTP 
payload formats. It contains a lot of information that is good to think 
of before, and when writing RTP payload formats. It also includes a 
template with some stock text that may be used.

As this is a first version it still have some rough edges and is missing 
some parts. I would appreciate if all editors of payload formats would 
read it, consider it and comment on it. It is intended to become a 
information source but also contain strong recommendation that editors 
are expected to follow. Due to these reasons it is important that you 
comment and provide your view.

So please provide comments on anything from structure to spelling errors.

Thanks

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-howto-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:50:01 -0500
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: How to Write an RTP Payload Format

	Author(s)	: M. Westerlund
	Filename	: draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-howto-00.txt
	Pages		: 47
	Date		: 2006-2-27
	
This document contains information on how to best write an RTP
payload format.  Reading tips, design practices, and practical tips
on how to quickly and with good results produce an RTP payload format
specification.  A template is also included with instructions that
can be used when writing an RTP payload format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-howto-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-howto-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-howto-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt