Subject: RE: [AVT] I-D for Enhanced AC-3 RTP payload format

From: "Link, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 13:18:11 -0800

Thanks, Colin. 
 
On the use of the Marker bit in the RTP header: This use matches what I did in the AC-3 payload format (RFC 4184). I think I originally borrowed this use from the MPEG-4 payload format (RFC 3640). It is different from the way the Marker bit gets used by payload formats for speech coders, but general audio coders don't have the speech coders' notion of a talk spurt, so that use is not needed.
 
Regards,
Brian

	-----Original Message----- 
	From: Colin Perkins [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Tue 2/7/2006 1:07 AM 
	To: IETF AVT working group 
	Cc: Link, Brian 
	Subject: Re: [AVT] I-D for Enhanced AC-3 RTP payload format

	On 6 Feb 2006, at 18:18, Link, Brian wrote:
	> I recently submitted a new I-D describing an RTP payload format for
	> carrying Enhanced AC-3 (E-AC-3) audio. E-AC-3 is an extension to AC-3,
	> and has been standardized and published as a revision to the AC-3
	> specification.
	>
	> I'll appreciate comments and feedback about this I-D suggesting any
	> improvements or corrections that are needed.
	
	 From a quick read, this looks to be in good shape. The main issue I 
	noted is that the marker bit appears to be used in a manner more 
	consistent with video, than with other audio formats.
	
	> I also request that this be accepted as an AVT working group document.
	
	This is clearly within the scope of our charter. Any objections from 
	the working group? Please comment by 14th February. If there are no 
	objections by that time, this can be submitted as a working group draft.
	
	Colin

-----------------------------------------
This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information intended for a specific individual and purpose.  If you
are not the intended recipient, delete this message.  If you are
not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or
taking any action based on this message is strictly prohibited.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt