Subject: RE: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-hdrext-03.txt

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 18:01:49 +0300

Hi,
I have some comments, part of them are editorial.

1. In section 5 a=extmap:<value>, maybe you should mention that the
value is the ID in the figure of section 4. (Also give numbers to the
figures so they can be referenced). Another possibility is to name it
"ID" instead of "value".

2. In section 7 the BNF does not define extensionattributes. Is any
syntax allowed based on the extension name.

3. The security consideration may say that the attribute can be added or
replaced and recommend using Integrity checks.

4. In section 6, maybe clarify that the value is the content of the
extension element bytes in the figure of section 4.

5. I am not sure why you need the <month> value. If you register the
name with IANA then this defines the uniqueness and an RFC specifies the
meaning of the extension.

Roni Even 

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Dave Singer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:44:35 +0200

>extension element bytes in the figure of section 4.

thanks, I will take these into account.

>meaning of the extension.

The idea is that these are NOT registered when the URL is not using 
the IETF.  Including them in the IETF ones would be only "to show the 
style and good form".

-- 
David Singer
Apple Computer/QuickTime