Subject: [AVT] RFC 4586 on Extended RTP Profile for Real-time Transport Control Protocol (RTCP)-Based Feedback: Results of the Timing Rule Simulations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:02:44 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4586

        Title:      Extended RTP Profile for Real-time 
                    Transport Control Protocol (RTCP)-Based Feedback: 
                    Results of the Timing Rule Simulations 
        Author:     C. Burmeister, R. Hakenberg,
                    A. Miyazaki, J. Ott,
                    N. Sato, S. Fukunaga
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 66759
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-burmeister-avt-rtcp-feedback-sim-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4586.txt

This document describes the results achieved when simulating the
timing rules of the Extended RTP Profile for Real-time Transport
Control Protocol (RTCP)-Based Feedback,
denoted AVPF.  Unicast and multicast topologies are considered as
well as several protocol and environment configurations.  The
results show that the timing rules result in better performance
regarding feedback delay and still preserve the well-accepted RTP
rules regarding allowed bit rates for control traffic.  This memo 
provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt