Subject: [AVT] RFC 4588 on RTP Retransmission Payload Format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:23:21 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4588

        Title:      RTP Retransmission Payload Format 
        Author:     J. Rey, D. Leon,
                    A. Miyazaki, V. Varsa,
                      R. Hakenberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 76630
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-retransmission-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4588.txt

RTP retransmission is an effective packet loss recovery technique for
real-time applications with relaxed delay bounds.  This document
describes an RTP payload format for performing retransmissions.
Retransmitted RTP packets are sent in a separate stream from the
original RTP stream.  It is assumed that feedback from receivers to
senders is available.  In particular, it is assumed that Real-time
Transport Control Protocol (RTCP) feedback as defined in the extended
RTP profile for RTCP-based feedback (denoted RTP/AVPF) is available in
this memo.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt