Subject: [AVT] Comments on draft-bsong-avt-rtp-gfec-00.txt

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:44:23 -0400

Hi,

To me it seems that the main part of this work does not belong at all in 
the AVT WG. The erasure based FEC with more advanced FEC algorithms in a 
generic way is currently happening in the FECFRAME WG. They will be 
discussing requirements for such a solution tomorrow (Tuesday) at 15.20. 
I would recommend that people interested in this goes to that WG and 
participate in the discussion.

There will still be a presentation in AVT on this on Friday to discuss this.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt