Subject: [AVT] RFC 3267 question

From: "Yuval Nissan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:48:29 +0300

Hi,

I have question regarding RFC 3267 parameters:

mode-change-period: Specifies a number of frame-blocks, N, that is
               the interval at which codec mode changes are allowed.
               The initial phase of the interval is arbitrary, but
               changes must be separated by multiples of N frame-blocks.
               If this parameter is not present, mode changes are
               allowed at any time during the session.
 
What is the reason for this limitation?
In case of silence compression - should we keep the phase from talk
spurt to talk spurt?
If yes, is the phase in this case related to time or to number of
frames?

Regards,

Yuval 

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt