Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-hdrext-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 18:50:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A general mechanism for RTP Header Extensions
	Author(s)	: H. Desineni, D. Singer
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-hdrext-08.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-12-15
	
This document provides a general mechanism to use the header-
   extension feature of RTP (the Real Time Transport Protocol).  It
   provides the option to use a small number of small extensions in each
   RTP packet, where the universe of possible extensions is large and
   unregistered.  The actual extensions in use in a session are signaled
   in the setup information for that session.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-hdrext-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-avt-rtp-hdrext-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-hdrext-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 18:50:27 -0500

Title		: Transmission Time offsets in RTP streams
	Author(s)	: H. Desineni, D. Singer
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-toffset-04.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-12-15
	
This document describes a method to inform RTP clients when RTP
   packets are transmitted at a time other than their 'nominal'
   transmission time.  It also provides a mechanism to provide improved
   inter-arrival jitter reports from the clients, that take into account
   the reported transmission times.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-toffset-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-avt-rtp-toffset-04.txt".

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-toffset-04.txt".

---

From: Dave Singer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:34:21 -0800

These three drafts, just announced, have been cleaned up for last 
call.  Thye've all had extensive review here and elsewhere, and are 
believed to be ready to go out of the door.  Thanks for all your 
comments.

One of the things removed was the change history of each.  Here they 
are, for your convenience:

RTP Header extension:
<appendix title="Change History">
<t><list style="symbols">
<t>August 2005: 00 Draft-avt-rtp-hdrext made from 
draft-singer-rtp-hdrext;  added requirement for dates in DNS names</t>
<t>January 2006:  01 Updated to XML2RFC, inserted BNF, other cleanup; 
IANA considerations cleaned</t>
<t>June 2006:  02 Made the signaling optional, and indicate only that 
the presence of the extensions must be negotiated somehow;  more 
rationale</t>
<t>June 2006:  03 Fixed small error in the BNF</t>
<t>August 2006:  04 Transmit offsets to a separate draft; other 
tidy-ups; allow padding between elements</t>
<t>Sept 2006:  05 Clarified which RTP profile(s) this applies to</t>
<t>Oct 2006:  06 Changed signalling to use URIs</t>
  <t>Nov 2006:  07 Better padding wording, changed signalling for IETF 
defined names to use URNs, clarified the ID uniqueness requirement, 
added offer/answer</t>
  <t>Dec 2006: 08 Updated to RFCs 4566 and 3986, textual improvements, 
history removed, acks now a section not an appendix, IANA and IETF 
considerations updated.
</list></t>
</appendix>

SMPTE header extension

<appendix title="Change History">
<t><list style="symbols">
<t>August 2005: 00 Draft-avt-smpte-rtp made from 
draft-singer-smpte-rtp;  added question on full time-code option</t>
<t>January 2006:  01 Updated to XML2RFC;  inserted BNF, documented 
SDP usage, changed the name to org.ietf..., other cleanup</t>
<t>June 2006:  02 Allowed both compact and full time-codes in both 
RTCP and inline</t>
<t>June 2006:  03 Minor clarifications, provided signalling example, 
clarified that the same signalling is used for both RTCP and/or RTP 
use</t>
<t>August 2006:  04 many cleanups, thanks to Colin for the careful read</t>
<t>October 2006:  05 Changed to URI signalling</t>
<t>December 2006:  06 Added EG40, changed the URI</t>
<t>December 2006: 07 fixed the feedback reference to RFC 4585; change 
history removed</t>
</list></t>
</appendix>

Transmission offsets

<appendix title="Change History">
<t><list style="symbols">
<t>August 2006: 00 Initial version, split from the document 
draft-ietf-avt-rtp-hdrext-03, where it had lived unil then. 
Substantial improvements in the documentation and explanation.</t>
<t>Sept 2006: 01 Improved wording of some sections, co-author added.</t>
<t>Oct 2006: 02 Changed to URI signalling.</t>
<t>Dec 2006: 03 Changed to URN signalling.</t>
<t>dec 2006: 04 Change history removed, references section re-named</t>
</list></t>
</appendix>

-- 
David Singer
Apple Computer/QuickTime