Subject: [AVT] [NetCri07] Submission deadline extension

From: "Elsharnouby, Tamer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 03:06:34 -0500

***        Our Apologies if you received this multiple              ***

Paper submission deadline extended to December 7th.

=======================================================================

                                Call for Papers
                                   NetCri 07

                         The First International Workshop on
                Research Challenges in Next Generation  Networks for
                   First Responders and Critical Infrastructures

                       http://www.cs.umd.edu/~sharno/NetCri07 <http://www.cs.umd.edu/~sharno/NetCri07> 

                            In Conjunction with

              IEEE IPCCC 2007, New Orleans, Louisiana, April 11-13
=======================================================================

As advances in pervasive computing, wireless communication and sensor
networks continue, more opportunities are open to first responders and
critical infrastructures to benefit from these technologies. Providing
first responders with the best possible technology, infrastructure and
services help save the lives of the general public and the  first
responders as well. One of the main challenges to the operations of first
responders and critical infrastructures is to deploy a communication
network that is dependable, secure, and rapidly deployable. In order to
operate effectively, the deployed network supports services such as
location determination, audio and video communication, and in site and
remote sensing. Another key feature for first responders and critical
infrastructures networks is to support interactions among multiple
heterogeneous networks.
     
This workshop provides a forum for researchers, industry, and government
agencies to discuss the challenges facing the design, deployment and
operational issues for next generation network support for first responders
and critical infrastructure. The workshop will identify and define
fundamental concepts and techniques, resolve conflicts between different
approaches in the area, and provide a common ground for an advanced
research and development agenda. Topics
of interest include, but are not limited to:
  - Smart environments (buildings, roads, vehicles, etc.)
  - Fast roaming  in heterogonous network environment
  - Localization and time synchronization
  - Rapidly deployable and self configuring services and networks
  - Security, dependability, privacy, and performance trade-offs
  - QoS in heterogeneous wireless networks
  - Sensor and actuator networks for information gathering and real-time
control
  - Network and system support for augmented reality and visual analytics
  - Simulation studies of first responders and critical infrastructures'
networks
  - Novel and adaptive communication protocols to support first responders
and critical infrastructure' operation
  - Resource management and allocation
  - Power control management
  - Admission, load and flow control
  - Performance analysis and experimentation of heterogeneous wireless
networks
  - Security techniques and methods for heterogeneous wireless networks
  - Interoperability among WLANs, Cellular, WSN and wired networks
  - Metrics and measurements on heterogeneous networks
  - Mobility models and traffic patterns in disaster areas
  - Cross-layer design
  - Testbeds

Paper Submission

Papers should describe original, previously unpublished work, not
currently under review by another conference, workshop, or journal. Authors
are invited to submit a maximum of 6 pages papers including the abstract,
figures and references. Papers should include the title, author(s),
authors' affiliation and an abstract.  The formatting should be according
to IEEE rules. Papers should be submitted in a PDF format using the EDAS
submission system.

Accepted papers will be accessible through the IEEE digital library and
are included in the conference proceedings.

Important Dates

   Submission deadline:         December 7, 2006   (Extended Deadline)
   Notification of acceptance:  January 5, 2007
   Camera ready version:        January 26, 2007

Workshop Organizing Committee

   Program Co-Chairs
        Mohamed Eltoweissy,   Virginia Tech, USA
        Moustafa Youssef,     University of Maryland, USA

   Publicity Co-Chairs
        Tamer Elsharnouby,    Microsoft Corporation, USA
        James Joshi,          University of Pittsburg, USA

   Technical Program Committee
        Arup Acharya,         IBM, USA
        Ashok Agrawala,       University of Maryland, USA
        Jonathan Agre,        Fujitsu Lab, USA
        Mustaque Ahamad,      Georgia Tech, USA
        Nils Aschenbruck,     University of Bonn, Germany
        Farag Azzedine,       King Fahd University, Saudi Arabia
        Doreen Cheng,         Samsung Research, USA
        Nagwa Elmakky,        Alexandria University, Egypt
        Mohamed Gouda,        University of Texas, USA
        Elena Guara,          Coventry University, UK
        Wendi Heinzelman,     University of Rochester, USA
        James Joshi,          University of Pittsburgh, USA
        P. Krishnan,          Avaya Labs, USA
        Scott Midkiff,        Virginia Tech, USA
        Tamer Nadeem,         Siemens Research, USA
        Farid Nait-Abdesselam,LIFL, France
        Dragos Niculescu,     NEC Labs, USA
        Stephan Olariu,       Old Dominion University, USA
        Krishna Sivalingam,   University of Maryland at BC, USA
        Stephen D. Wolthusen, University of London, USA
        Mohamed Younis,       University of Maryland at BC, USA
        Adel Youssef,         Google, USA

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt