Subject: [AVT] MS x CLEARMODE

From: "Jose Yukio Akazawa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:45:22 -0200

Hi,
ISDN 7Khz audio service requires 64Kbps so that CLEARMODE is the right
choice towards the MGW.
But, considering that CLEARMODE is not mandatory for MS (media servers)
according to TISPAN and most of the gateways nowadays
do not support G.722, so my question is how can we use the resources
(tones, announcements, conference) in the MS for ISDN 7 Khz calls?
 
Thanks,
Yukio
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Schwarz Albrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:28:28 +0100

Like to clarify that the majority of "TISPAN gateways" MUST  support RTP
clearmode:

see ES 283 002 for RGWs and AGWs

see ES 283 024 for TGWs

see ES 283 018 for BGWs ("CMD/RTP sessions would be handled in
media-agnostic BGW mode")

The MS, or ES 283 031, is different: G.722 WB voice service is between
two G.725 terminals, but not between a terminal and a MS. In case of any
insertion of tones and announcements towards G.722 terminals, then the
(G.725) terminal would use the the NB fallback mode (= G.711). And G.711
is mandatory for ES 283 031. Just use G.711 from MS perspective ...

... and have a look in G.725.

-Albrecht

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Jose Yukio Akazawa
Sent: Samstag, 16. Februar 2008 18:45
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] MS x CLEARMODE

Hi,

Thanks,

Yukio