Subject: [AVT] SRTP and related

From: "rossi kamal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 00:24:17 -0500

Hello

I want to know the facts about the implementation of
SRTP-MIKEY,SRTP-ZRTP,SIP over TLS & their implementation in
detail..The java libraries that can be efficient to implement
those..Can anyone suggest the interroperability isseue
and the way to solve those
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:53:09 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of rossi kamal
> Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 10:24 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [AVT] SRTP and related
> 
> Hello
> 
> detail..

In 2004, Karl Norrman ([email-masked]) sent a pointer for a
reference implementation of MIKEY,
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/avt/current/msg03659.html> but the URI
he referenced is not working gor me right now.  I'm not sure which MIKEY
'mode' it implemented (MIKEY-RSA, MIKEY-PSK, MIKEY-RSA-R, MIKEY-NULL, etc.;
see <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-msec-mikey-applicability-09> and
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sip-media-security-requirements-04#appe
ndix-A>).  

I am aware of two implementations of the ZRTP key management system, one is
available under license from <http://zfoneproject.com>, the other is by Werner
Dittmann for MiniSIP <http://www.minisip.org>,
<http://www.imc.org/ietf-rtpsec/mail-archive/msg00504.html>.

The SRTP library that most folks use is
<http://srtp.sourceforge.net/srtp.html>.  For TLS and DTLS, many use OpenSSL
<http://www.openssl.org>.

> The java libraries that can be efficient to implement
> those..

Java can call C, which may be your best bet.

(by the way, of your original question the AVT working group only standardizes
SRTP.  MIKEY belongs to MSEC, SIP-over-TLS belongs to SIP, and ZRTP is an
individual draft.)

-d

> Can anyone suggest the interroperability isseue