Subject: [AVT] FW: I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-04.txt

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:06:51 -0700

All issues posted to the list have been addressed and there were no new
comments to this draft. Could we finalize WGLC and move forward?

Thanks,
-acbegen

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 12:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of
the IETF.

	Title           : Post-Repair Loss RLE Report Block Type for
RTCP XR
	Author(s)       : A. Begen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-04.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-10-27

This document defines a new report block type within the framework of
RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Reports (XR).  One of the initial
XR report block types is the Loss Run Length Encoding (RLE) Report
Block.  This report conveys the information regarding the individual
Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) packet receipt and loss events
experienced during the RTCP interval preceding the transmission of the
report.  The new report, which is referred to as the Post-repair Loss
RLE Report, carries the information regarding the remaining lost packets
after all loss-repair methods are applied.
By comparing the RTP packet receipts/losses before and after the loss
repair is completed, one can determine the effectiveness of the loss-
repair methods in an aggregated fashion.  This document also defines the
signaling of the Post-repair Loss RLE Report in the Session Description
Protocol (SDP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-0
4.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 00:18:41 +0200

Hi,
It looks like all comments from Geoff and Colin were addressed so I will
send the draft for publication next week.
Roni Even

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ali C.
Begen (abegen)
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 9:07 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] FW: I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-04.txt

Thanks,
-acbegen

-----Original Message-----

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the
IETF.

This document defines a new report block type within the framework of RTP
Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Reports (XR).  One of the initial XR report
block types is the Loss Run Length Encoding (RLE) Report Block.  This report
conveys the information regarding the individual Real-time Transport
Protocol (RTP) packet receipt and loss events experienced during the RTCP
interval preceding the transmission of the report.  The new report, which is
referred to as the Post-repair Loss RLE Report, carries the information
regarding the remaining lost packets after all loss-repair methods are
applied.
By comparing the RTP packet receipts/losses before and after the loss repair
is completed, one can determine the effectiveness of the loss- repair
methods in an aggregated fashion.  This document also defines the signaling
of the Post-repair Loss RLE Report in the Session Description Protocol
(SDP).