Subject: [AVT] What to do with RTP No-Op, draft-ietf-avt-rtp-no-op

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 09:35:40 +0200

Hi,

This draft is on the WG charter and the AVT chairs would like to decide what
to do with it. 

There are two options

1.       Start a WGLC and go to publication.

2.       Kill it and remove it from the charter.

In the past there were concerns from Dave Singer which Lazzaro supported.

"Could the authors say a little about this?  I have a lot of respect for
(and my company pays a lot of money to license) truly inventive techniques,
and so on.

But here we have an IPR statement for packets which by definition contain
nothing useful, and can be discarded by the recipient."

On the other hand Attila Sipo was lukewarm in favour.

I hope that I did not miss any of the comments.

We also have draft-ietf-avt-app-rtp-keepalive-04 that went through WGLC
discussing mechanisms for sending keep alive messages.

Please voice your opinions

Roni Even

AVT co-chair

 

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt