Subject: [AVT] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-03

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 19:15:22 -0700

Hi everyone,

Based on the latest comments from Geoff, I added a few sentences regarding the repair methods that do partial repair. If everything looks good, can we finalize the WGLC?

BR,
-acbegen

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:11 PM
To: Ali C. Begen (abegen)
Cc: Dong Hsu (dohsu); Michael Lague (mlague)
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-03 

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-03.txt has been successfuly submitted by Ali Begen and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr
Revision:	 03
Title:		 Post-Repair Loss RLE Report Block Type for RTCP XR
Creation_date:	 2008-10-21
WG ID:		 avt
Number_of_pages: 9

Abstract:
This document defines a new report block type within the framework of
RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Reports (XR).  One of the
initial XR report block types is the Loss Run Length Encoding (RLE)
Report Block.  This report conveys the information regarding the
individual Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) packet receipt and loss
events experienced during the RTCP interval preceding the
transmission of the report.  The new report, which is referred to as
the Post-repair Loss RLE Report, carries the information regarding
the remaining lost packets after all loss-repair methods are applied.
By comparing the RTP packet receipts/losses before and after the loss
repair is completed, one can determine the effectiveness of the loss-
repair methods in an aggregated fashion.  This document also defines
the signaling of the Post-repair Loss RLE Report in the Session
Description Protocol (SDP).

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt