Subject: [AVT] RTP timestamps validation

From: Spoorthi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 10:10:38 -0500

Hi ,

   Can anybody tel me how to validate an RTP packet based on  the 
timestamps in RTP packet???

Rgs,
spoorthi
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Dave Singer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 09:59:40 -0700

>timestamps in RTP packet???

I'm not sure that there is a timestamp which is a priori invalid. 
There are timestamps, which, if you received them, would appear to be 
not useful; notably timestamps that don't fall within the interval 
ahead of your current playback point that you're willing to buffer. 
(And since timestamps wrap around, you can, in some sense, see all 
timestamps as 'in the future').  If you're working with a media 
system that quantizes time (e.g. a voice codec with 20ms frames) and 
the timestamp doesn't seem to match the quantization, that may be a 
warning;  but it may be clock drift, silence, or other factors too.
-- 
David Singer
Apple/QuickTime
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt