Subject: [AVT] New draft on application sharing

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 00:40:25 -0400

Omer Boyaci and I have written up a draft that defines an RTP payload  
format for sharing applications (and screens) as part of a  
collaboration session. The mechanism is encoding-agnostic and can use  
any video encoding. Separately, we have submitted an initial draft on  
how to carry PNG in RTP, as that's one plausible option. (JPEG, at  
least in its lossy version, tends to blur fonts and is thus not all  
that suitable for application sharing.)

You can find the draft at

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boyaci-avt-app-sharing-00.txt

For Henry's benefit, there's also an open-source implementation,  
including the BFCP mechanism for controlling keyboard and mouse input.  
We have just integrated this into our SIP client as well. This is  
follow-on work of an early project that Jonathan Lennox had worked on  
(draft-lennox-avt-app-sharing), but that we never pursued much further.

Comments are most welcome.

Henning
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt