Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 05:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for H.264 Video
	Author(s)       : Y. Wang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 97
	Date            : 2008-12-16

This memo describes an RTP Payload format for the ITU-T 
Recommendation H.264 video codec and the technically identical 
ISO/IEC International Standard 14496-10 video codec, excluding the 
Scalable Video Coding (SVC) extension and the Multivew Video Coding 
extension, for which the RTP payload formats are defined elsewhere.  
The RTP payload format allows for packetization of one or more 
Network Abstraction Layer Units (NALUs), produced by an H.264 video 
encoder, in each RTP payload.  The payload format has wide 
applicability, as it supports applications from simple low bit-rate 
conversational usage, to Internet video streaming with interleaved 
transmission, to high bit-rate video-on-demand. 

This memo intends to obsolete RFC 3984.  Changes from RFC 3984 are 
summarized in section 17.  Issues on backward compatibility to RFC 
3984 are discussed in section 16.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:26:30 +0200

Dear All,

We authors of the draft think that it is ready for WGLC. Any comments
are welcome!

Changes from -01:
- Updated Table 5 (editorial).
- Some other editorial changes here and there
- Replaced use-level-parameter-sets with use-level-src-parameter-sets,
and updated other text in the draft accordingly
- Removed sprop-ssrc, but using the source attribute mechanism defined
in 
- Replaced the text describing interpretations of media type parameters
for different direction attributions with a table
- Updated the representation of parameter sets data in SDP examples
- Added an SDP example using the source attribute mechanism defined in 
- Updated reference of RFC 2733 to RFC 5109
- Updated the sections of backwards compatibility and changes from RFC
3984
- Removed the open issues section

BR, YK

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
>Behalf Of ext [email-masked]
>Sent: 16 December, 2008 15:00
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis-02.txt
>
>ISO/IEC International Standard 14496-10 video codec, excluding 
>the Scalable Video Coding (SVC) extension and the Multivew 
>Video Coding extension, for which the RTP payload formats are 
>defined elsewhere.  
>Network Abstraction Layer Units (NALUs), produced by an H.264 
>video encoder, in each RTP payload.  The payload format has 
>wide applicability, as it supports applications from simple 
>low bit-rate conversational usage, to Internet video streaming 
>with interleaved transmission, to high bit-rate video-on-demand. 
>
>This memo intends to obsolete RFC 3984.  Changes from RFC 3984 
>are summarized in section 17.  Issues on backward compatibility to RFC
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail 
>reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII 
>version of the Internet-Draft.
>