Subject: [AVT] FW: New Version Notification for draft-begen-avt-rtp-mpeg2ts-preamble-00

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 17:01:29 -0800

As a part of our efforts in rapid synchronization for mcast apps running
over RTP, here is a new draft (for video apps).

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-begen-avt-rtp-mpeg2ts-preamble
-00.txt 

This version is mostly for placeholder purposes as it is missing the
majority parts of the format specification. 

-acbegen

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 4:50 PM
To: Ali C. Begen (abegen)
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-begen-avt-rtp-mpeg2ts-preamble-00 

A new version of I-D, draft-begen-avt-rtp-mpeg2ts-preamble-00.txt has
been successfuly submitted by Ali Begen and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-begen-avt-rtp-mpeg2ts-preamble
Revision:	 00
Title:		 RTP Payload Format for MPEG2-TS Preamble
Creation_date:	 2009-03-04
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 22

Abstract:
Demultiplexing and decoding an MPEG2 Transport Stream (MPEG2-TS)
requires the knowledge of specific information about the transport
stream, which we refer to as the MPEG2-TS Preamble.  While this
information is spread over different locations throughout the
transport stream and can be eventually assembled after some time a
receiver started receiving the MPEG2-TS, the time it takes to
retrieve all this information (especially in multicast environments)
may be long.  Instead, having this information readily available as a
Preamble and sending the Preamble to a receiver that will shortly
start receiving the transport stream will virtually eliminate the
waiting time and let the receiver start processing/decoding the
MPEG2-TS sooner.  In this document, we give an overview of the
MPEG2-TS and the delay components in video systems, and motivate the
need for constructing and using the MPEG2-TS Preamble for rapidly
synchronizing with the source stream in RTP multicast sessions.  We
also define and register the RTP payload format for the MPEG2-TS
Preamble.

The IETF Secretariat.