Subject: [AVT] making draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-03 a WG item

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 23:14:17 +0300

Hi,

I would like to ask if there is interest in making Rapid Synchronisation of
RTP Flows, draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-03.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-03.txt>   a
working group meeting. The draft was presented in San Francisco and is
offering a solutions to synchronize multiple RTP streams. It is a suggested
solution to DVB TM-AVC who would like to have by June.
This work is not in the AVT charter and the chairs intend to submit an
updated charter.
Please send your respond to the mailing list till April 8th . If there will
be no objections we will accept this topic and have the above draft as the
initial document
 
Roni Even

---

From: "Bill Ver Steeg (versteb)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 08:56:08 -0400

Yes, should be a WG item.
 
Bill VerSteeg

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Roni Even
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 4:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 'Tom Taylor'
Subject: [AVT] making draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-03 a WG item

Hi,

I would like to ask if there is interest in making Rapid Synchronisation
of RTP Flows, draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-03.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-03.txt>   a
working group meeting. The draft was presented in San Francisco and is
offering a solutions to synchronize multiple RTP streams. It is a
suggested solution to DVB TM-AVC who would like to have by June.
This work is not in the AVT charter and the chairs intend to submit an
updated charter.
Please send your respond to the mailing list till April 8th . If there
will be no objections we will accept this topic and have the above draft
as the initial document
 
Roni Even

---

From: Ye-Kui Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:47:01 -0400

Support for making it a working group item. In the first WG version, all
comments sent to the list before the San Francisco meeting should be
addressed. 
 
BR, YK

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Roni
Even
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 4:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 'Tom Taylor'
Subject: [AVT] making draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-03 a WG item

Hi,

Roni Even

---

From: David R Oran <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:53:25 -0400

On Mar 29, 2009, at 4:14 PM, Roni Even wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to ask if there is interest in making Rapid  
> Synchronisation of RTP Flows, draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp- 
> sync-03.txt  a working group meeting. The draft was presented in San  
> Francisco and is offering a solutions to synchronize multiple RTP  
> streams. It is a suggested solution to DVB TM-AVC who would like to  
> have by June.
> This work is not in the AVT charter and the chairs intend to submit  
> an updated charter.
> Please send your respond to the mailing list till April 8th . If  
> there will be no objections we will accept this topic and have the  
> above draft as the initial document
>
I support this.
>
> Roni Even
>
> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Working Group
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Stefan Döhla <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:01:11 +0200

Hi,

as previously indicated this should become a WG item. Maybe the authors 
can already add some more explanatory text for the first WG draft 
covering the reflector discussion or add this afterwards.

- Stefan

Roni Even schrieb:
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask if there is interest in making Rapid Synchronisation of RTP Flows, draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-03.txt <http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-03.txt>  a working group meeting. The draft was presented in San Francisco and is offering a solutions to synchronize multiple RTP streams. It is a suggested solution to DVB TM-AVC who would like to have by June.
> This work is not in the AVT charter and the chairs intend to submit an updated charter.
> Please send your respond to the mailing list till April 8^th  . If there will be no objections we will accept this topic and have the above draft as the initial document
>  
> Roni Even
>  
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

-- 
Dipl.-Ing. Stefan Döhla     | Email: [email-masked]
Multimedia Transport        | Phone: +49 (0)9131 776 6042 (!NEW!)
Audio Department            | Fax:   +49 (0)9131 776 6099 (!NEW!)
Fraunhofer IIS              |
Am Wolfmantel 33            |
91058 Erlangen, Germany     | Web:   http://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/amm

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:07:45 +0200

Dear all,

I would like to inform you that there is an existing disclosure on 
draft-schierl-avt-rtp-ntp-for-layered-codecs-00. Since 
draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-03 contains the text of 
draft-schierl-avt-rtp-ntp-for-layered-codecs-00, it also applies to 
draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-03. We already sent an update of the 
disclosure in order to let it also apply to 
draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-03, but up to now this update is not 
visible on the IETF page.

Best regards,
Thomas

-- 
Thomas Schierl
--------------
Fraunhofer HHI

> Please send your respond to the mailing list till April 8^th  . If there will be no objections we will accept this topic and have the above draft as the initial document  

---
Visit us at

Web 2.0 Expo / March 31 - April 03 / San Francisco, California / Booth 415
http://www.web2expo.com/webexsf2009

NAB SHOW 2009 / April 18-23 / Las Vegas, Nevada USA / South Hall (Upper), Booth SU9624F
http://www.nabshow.com/

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:10:14 +0100

On 30 Mar 2009, at 14:47, Ye-Kui Wang wrote:
> Support for making it a working group item. In the first WG  
> version, all comments sent to the list before the San Francisco  
> meeting should be addressed.

On 30 Mar 2009, at 15:01, Stefan Döhla wrote:
> as previously indicated this should become a WG item. Maybe the  
> authors can already add some more explanatory text for the first WG  
> draft covering the reflector discussion or add this afterwards.

We're certainly planning on responding to, and addressing, the  
comments from the list. There weren't enough cycles before the  
meeting, but we'll get to them shortly.

Colin

---

From: Michael A Dolan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 07:50:29 -0700

I very much support this in principle. What would the charter update look like?

Thanks,
         Mike

At 11:14 PM 3/29/2009 +0300, Roni Even wrote:
>Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
>         boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0015_01C9B0C4.1E1793B0"
>Content-Language: en-us
>
>Hi,
>
>Synchronisation of RTP Flows, 
><http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-03.txt>draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-03.txt 
>a working group meeting. The draft was presented in San Francisco 
>and is offering a solutions to synchronize multiple RTP streams. It 
>is a suggested solution to DVB TM-AVC who would like to have by June.