Subject: [AVT] RFC 5450 on Transmission Time Offsets in RTP Streams

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:46:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5450

        Title:      Transmission Time Offsets in RTP 
                    Streams 
        Author:     D. Singer, H. Desineni
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17073
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-toffset-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5450.txt

This document describes a method to inform Real-time Transport
Protocol (RTP) clients when RTP packets are transmitted at a time
other than their 'nominal' transmission time.  It also provides a
mechanism to provide improved inter-arrival jitter reports from the
clients, that take into account the reported transmission times. 
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute