Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-howto-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 07:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : How to Write an RTP Payload Format
	Author(s)       : M. Westerlund
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rtp-howto-06.txt
	Pages           : 54
	Date            : 2009-03-02

This document contains information on how to best write an RTP
payload format.  Reading tips, design practices, and practical tips
on how to quickly and with good results produce an RTP payload format
specification.  A template is also included with instructions that
can be used when writing an RTP payload format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-howto-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 16:52:48 +0100

Hi,

This updated was primarily done to keep it alive and submit it with RFC
5378 boiler plate. The creation of RFC 5378 also required some changes
to the template. I didn't go into all the details because they are in
flux and are likely to be updated during the year.

I think the document is in reasonably good shape. However, I would
really like someone who was heavily involved in the scalability to
contribute a section on that.

As usual feedback is highly appreciated.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------