Subject: Re: [AVT] request to adopt draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-gsm-hr-00 as a WG item

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:20:00 +0200

Hi,

Since there was some support and no objections we will accept this draft as
WG item.

Magnus can submit a 00 version.

Thanks

Roni Even

From: Roni Even [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 7:58 PM
To: 'IETF AVT WG'
Cc: [email-masked]'
Subject: request to adopt draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-gsm-hr-00 as a WG item

Hi,

There was a request in December to adopt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-gsm-hr-00.txt as a WG
item. There was   some discussion on the list since there was another
personal draft addressing the same codec. My current suggestion is to adopt
Magnus draft as a starting point for the payload specification and have
Magnus as the editor. I would like the authors of the other draft
(draft-wang-avt-rtp-gsm-hr-00) to work with Magnus.

This document specifies the payload format for packetization of GSM Half
Rate (GSM-HR) codec [TS46.002] encoded speech signals into the Real-time
Transport Protocol (RTP) [RFC3550].  The payload format  supports
transmission of multiple frames per payload and packet loss  robustness
methods using redundancy.

Please send any comments to the mailing list till March 6th.

Regards

Roni Even

AVT co-chair