Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-guidelines-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 08:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Guidelines for Extending the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP)
	Author(s)       : J. Ott, C. Perkins
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-guidelines-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2009-03-09

The RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) is used along with the Real-time
Transport Protocol (RTP) to provide a control channel between media
senders and receivers.  This allows constructing a feedback loop to
enable application adaptivity and monitoring, among other uses.  The
basic reporting mechanisms offered by RTCP are generic, yet quite
powerful and suffice to cover a range of uses.  This document
provides guidelines on extending RTCP if those basic mechanisms prove
insufficient.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-guidelines-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.