Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for H.264 Video
	Author(s)       : Y. Wang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis-04.txt
	Pages           : 97
	Date            : 2009-03-06

This memo describes an RTP Payload format for the ITU-T 
Recommendation H.264 video codec and the technically identical 
ISO/IEC International Standard 14496-10 video codec, excluding the 
Scalable Video Coding (SVC) extension and the Multivew Video Coding 
extension, for which the RTP payload formats are defined elsewhere.  
The RTP payload format allows for packetization of one or more 
Network Abstraction Layer Units (NALUs), produced by an H.264 video 
encoder, in each RTP payload.  The payload format has wide 
applicability, as it supports applications from simple low bit-rate 
conversational usage, to Internet video streaming with interleaved 
transmission, to high bit-rate video-on-demand. 

This memo obsoletes RFC 3984.  Changes from RFC 3984 are summarized 
in section 18.  Issues on backward compatibility to RFC 3984 are 
discussed in section 17.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.