Subject: [AVT] Some comments for draft-versteeg-avt-rapid-synchronization-for-rtp-02

From: Peilin YANG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 01:09:03 +0800

Hi all,

1) Two comments for the section 6.2.,step 3.
 
A) "RS may send more than one RMS-I messages,
       e.g., to update the burst bitrate information when the bitrate is
       adapted and/or to signal RR in real time to join the SSM session."

When does RS signal RR to join the SSM session? it is not clear.

B) At the last sentence of step 3,"commenc" seems a typo error and should be removed

2) One comment for the RMS-I messagethe at the section 7.2 .

It seems that some fields (Extended RTP Seqnum of the First Burst Packet,Max Burst Bitrate, etc.) of the subsequent RMS-I message haven't concrete functions.

Regards,

Peilin
 
******************************************************************************************
 This email and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained here in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender by phone or email
 immediately and delete it!
 *****************************************************************************************

---

From: "Bill Ver Steeg (versteb)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:41:29 -0400

In -line comments

Bill VerSteeg 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Peilin YANG
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 1:09 PM
To: Bill Ver Steeg (versteb); Ali C. Begen (abegen);
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] Some comments
fordraft-versteeg-avt-rapid-synchronization-for-rtp-02

Hi all,

A) "RS may send more than one RMS-I messages,
       e.g., to update the burst bitrate information when the bitrate is
       adapted and/or to signal RR in real time to join the SSM
session."

---bvs --- The RS uses the "Earliest IGMP Join Time" (see section 7) of
the RMS-I message to tell the receiver when to join the multicast flow.
We will make this more clear in section 6.

B) At the last sentence of step 3,"commenc" seems a typo error and
should be removed

---bvs --- I do not see this typo in my copy of the draft. What is the
entire sentence?

It seems that some fields (Extended RTP Seqnum of the First Burst
Packet,Max Burst Bitrate, etc.) of the subsequent RMS-I message haven't
concrete functions.

---bvs --- We will add clarifying language - The seqnum of the first
burst packet helps the RR identify drops. The max burst bitrate a
informs the RR what the rate of the unicast burst will be (as opposed to
the requested bandwidth).

Regards,

Peilin
 
************************************************************************
******************
 This email and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is
listed above. Any use of the information contained here in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure,
reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please
notify the sender by phone or email  immediately and delete it!
 
************************************************************************
*****************
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt