Subject: [AVT] request to adopt draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-gsm-hr-00 as a WG item

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 19:58:03 +0200

Hi,

There was a request in December to adopt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-gsm-hr-00.txt as a WG
item. There was   some discussion on the list since there was another
personal draft addressing the same codec. My current suggestion is to adopt
Magnus draft as a starting point for the payload specification and have
Magnus as the editor. I would like the authors of the other draft
(draft-wang-avt-rtp-gsm-hr-00) to work with Magnus.

This document specifies the payload format for packetization of GSM Half
Rate (GSM-HR) codec [TS46.002] encoded speech signals into the Real-time
Transport Protocol (RTP) [RFC3550].  The payload format  supports
transmission of multiple frames per payload and packet loss  robustness
methods using redundancy.

Please send any comments to the mailing list till March 6th.

Regards

Roni Even

AVT co-chair

---

From: "Belling, Thomas (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 17:07:47 +0100

Hi all,
 
I strongly support making this a WG item because this is required and
already referenced by 3GPP.
Despite its number, the draft has had some predecessors that already
have been reviewed  and therefore is also already quite stable in my
view.
 
Regards,
 
Thimas Belling
Nokia Siemens Networks

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
ext Roni Even
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 6:58 PM
To: 'IETF AVT WG'
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] request to adopt draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-gsm-hr-00 as a
WGitem

Hi,

There was a request in December to adopt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-gsm-hr-00.txt as a WG
item. There was   some discussion on the list since there was another
personal draft addressing the same codec. My current suggestion is to
adopt Magnus draft as a starting point for the payload specification and
have Magnus as the editor. I would like the authors of the other draft
(draft-wang-avt-rtp-gsm-hr-00) to work with Magnus.

Regards

Roni Even

AVT co-chair