Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-svc-18.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for SVC Video
	Author(s)       : S. Wenger, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rtp-svc-18.txt
	Pages           : 101
	Date            : 2009-03-06

This memo describes an RTP payload format for Scalable Video Coding 
(SVC) as defined in_Annex G of ITU-T Recommendation H.264, which is 
technically identical to Amendment 3 of ISO/IEC International 
Standard 14496-10.  The RTP payload format allows for packetization 
of one or more Network Abstraction Layer (NAL) units in each RTP 
packet payload, as well as fragmentation of a NAL unit in multiple 
RTP packets.  Furthermore, it supports transmission of an SVC stream 
over a single as well as multiple RTP sessions.  The payload format 
defines a new media subtype name "H264-SVC", but is still backwards 
compatible to [I-D.ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis] since the base layer, 
when encapsulated in its own RTP stream, must use the H.264 media 
subtype name ("H264") and the packetization method specified in [I-
D.ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis].  The payload format has wide 
applicability in videoconferencing, Internet video streaming, and 
high bit-rate entertainment-quality video, among others. 

Table of Contents 

Status of this Memo...............................................1 
Abstract..........................................................2

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-svc-18.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.