Subject: [AVT] [Fwd: [dispatch] Yet another problem to dispatch]

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 10:00:31 +0200

Hi,

we have just submitted a problem statement whose solution space probably
falls somewhere within the scope of AVT and XCON WGs. Any comments,
possibly on the dispatch list, will be extremely appreciated.

Enrico

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [dispatch] Yet another problem to dispatch
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 00:45:51 +0200
From: Emil Ivov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>, Marocco Enrico
<[email-masked]>

Hey folks,

We have been working on client side conference calls  for SIP
Communicator lately and were thinking about implementing participant
sound level indicators. The feature was inspired by Skype's Mac OS X GUI
which you can have a look at over here:

http://sip-communicator.org/skypeconf/skypeconf.png

Since we couldn't find an existing IETF mechanism for a mixer to
dispatch information on sound level to conference participants, Enrico
and I thought that this may be an issue that is worth addressing through
dispatch.

After talking to some of you privately and discussing it among ourselves
we have decided to come up with a document presenting the issue in some
more detail. We are also including short descriptions of what we
consider to be possible approaches for resolving it.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ivov-dispatch-slic-ps-00.txt

Comments are most welcome, as well as any show of interest or
indications of what you think would be the right place(s) to work on the
subject.

Thanks,
Emil