Subject: [AVT] SDP Offer/answer in draft-ietf-avt-rfc3189bis-03

From: Olivier Crête <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 13:14:53 -0400

Hello,

The section on SDP Offer/Answer in this draft seems a bit unclear to me.
Even though the "encode" paramete is required, it seems to imply that it
could not be there:

"If the offerer sets a encode type on a=fmtp field, the answerer MUST
select one encode type, and reply with selected encode type value.

What if the offerer does not set an encode type?

I also don't see a mecanism to negotiate the supported encode type? Can
it be assumed that if the offerer supports an encode type, it support
all lower resolution/framerates ? If the answer is yes, it should be
specified. If the answer is no, I guess the answerer should remove any
payload it can't understand?

P.S. I'm not on the list, please keep me in CC.

-- 
Olivier Crête
[email-masked]
Collabora Ltd

---

From: Kazuhiro Mishima <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 18:39:38 +0900

Hi Olivier,

Thank you for your comment.
# Sorry for this is not RTP encoding topic I think.

In this case (Offerer does not set the type), I think this session
will be finished.
If some threshold count can be enabled, finished after the threshold count time.

2009/5/6 Olivier Crête <[email-masked]>:
> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Working Group
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
>
>