Subject: [AVT] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC4103 (1793)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 04:56:57 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC4103,
"RTP Payload for Text Conversation".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4103&eid=1793

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Gunnar Hellstrom <[email-masked]>

Section: 7.1

Original Text
-------------
The value of the "R2 block length" would be set to zero in order to represent the empty T140block.

  0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |V=2|P|X| CC=0  |M|  "RED" PT   |   sequence number of primary  |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |               timestamp of primary encoding "P"               |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |           synchronization source (SSRC) identifier            |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |1|   T140 PT   |  timestamp offset of "R2" | "R2" block length |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |1|   T140 PT   |  timestamp offset of "R1" | "R1" block length |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |0|   T140 PT   | "R1" T.140 encoded redundant data             |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+                               +---------------+
   |                                               |               |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+         +-+-+-+
   |              "P" T.140 encoded primary data             |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Corrected Text
--------------
The value of the "R1 block length" would be set to zero in order to represent the empty T140block.

  0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |V=2|P|X| CC=0  |M|  "RED" PT   |   sequence number of primary  |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |               timestamp of primary encoding "P"               |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |           synchronization source (SSRC) identifier            |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |1|   T140 PT   |  timestamp offset of "R2" | "R2" block length |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |1|   T140 PT   |  timestamp offset of "R1" | "R1" block length |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |0|   T140 PT   | "R2" T.140 encoded redundant data             |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+                               +---------------+
   |                                               |               |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+         +-+-+-+
   |              "P" T.140 encoded primary data             |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Notes
-----

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC4103 (draft-ietf-avt-rfc2793bis-09)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RTP Payload for Text Conversation
Publication Date    : June 2005
Author(s)           : G. Hellstrom, P. Jones
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Audio/Video Transport
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: "Gunnar Hellstrom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:59:40 +0200

This Errata is the result of a discussion we had in the AVT list under the
subject " RFC 4103 - RTP Payload for Text Conversation" around April 14.

It is a minor adjustment of the text belonging to a packet layout example
and one field in the example to make the example totally consistent with the
packetization description. 

There is no change in the rules for packetization.

Gunnar
-------------------------------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of RFC
Errata System
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:57 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC4103 (1793)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC4103, "RTP Payload for
Text Conversation".

Section: 7.1

Original Text
-------------
The value of the "R2 block length" would be set to zero in order to
represent the empty T140block.

  0                   1                   2                   3

Corrected Text
--------------
The value of the "R1 block length" would be set to zero in order to
represent the empty T140block.

  0                   1                   2                   3

Notes
-----

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please use
"Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or rejected. When a
decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG) can log in to change the
status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC4103 (draft-ietf-avt-rfc2793bis-09)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RTP Payload for Text Conversation
Publication Date    : June 2005
Author(s)           : G. Hellstrom, P. Jones
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Audio/Video Transport
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

__________ NOD32 4158 (20090616) Information __________

Detta meddelande dr genomsvkt av NOD32 Antivirus.
http://www.nod32.com