Subject: [AVT] Publish Ports (PubPorts) RTCP Message in draft-ietf-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-02

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 19:43:08 +0300

Hi,

I do not think that this message should be in this draft, it is not in the
charter of this work. 

If you want to suggest a general message please write an individual draft
and we will have a discussion.

The individual draft should also discuss the use cases for this message .

Regards

Roni Even

AVT co-chair

---

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:46:19 -0700

Hi Roni,

We simply wanted to get the feedback from AVT on this approach as it nicely applies to the RAMS problem. If this turns out to be a good solution (for RAMS or other scenarios as well), we will be happy to separate it from the RAMS draft and refer to it normatively. 

-acbegen

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Roni Even
> Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 9:43 AM
> To: [email-masked]; Bill Ver Steeg (versteb)
> Cc: 'Tom Taylor'
> Subject: [AVT] Publish Ports (PubPorts) RTCP Message in draft-ietf-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-02
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I do not think that this message should be in this draft, it is not in the charter of this
> work.
> 
> If you want to suggest a general message please write an individual draft and we will have
> a discussion.
>

---

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 22:45:55 +0300

Ali,
This should be discussed either on the mailing list or by having an
individual draft and not as part of a WG draft
Roni

-----Original Message-----
From: Ali C. Begen (abegen) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 8:46 PM
To: Roni Even; [email-masked]; Bill Ver Steeg (versteb)
Cc: Tom Taylor
Subject: RE: [AVT] Publish Ports (PubPorts) RTCP Message in
draft-ietf-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-02

Hi Roni,

We simply wanted to get the feedback from AVT on this approach as it nicely
applies to the RAMS problem. If this turns out to be a good solution (for
RAMS or other scenarios as well), we will be happy to separate it from the
RAMS draft and refer to it normatively. 

-acbegen

> I do not think that this message should be in this draft, it is not in the
charter of this
> If you want to suggest a general message please write an individual draft
and we will have