Subject: [AVT] Short WGLC on draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-08

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:33:11 +0300

Hi,

We had a WGLC on version 4 of
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-08 , RTP Payload Format
for IP-MR Speech Codec.

This revision addresses the comments that were received and I would like to
start a one week WGLC on the revised draft.

Please send any comment till September 24th. 

If there will be no comment we will send the draft to publication

Regards

Roni Even

SAVT co-chair

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 23:29:34 +0100

Roni,

On 16 Sep 2009, at 14:33, Roni Even wrote:
> We had a WGLC on version 4 of http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-08 
>  , RTP Payload Format for IP-MR Speech Codec.
> This revision addresses the comments that were received and I would  
> like to start a one week WGLC on the revised draft.

This version addresses some of my concerns with -04, but not all.

The A bit in the payload header signals whether byte-aligned mode is  
to be used. There doesn't seem to be any specification of how this  
differs from the non-byte-aligned mode, or how frames are padded (the  
example is not sufficient; normative text is needed).

Also, the use of a bits in the payload header to signal aligned vs.  
non-aligned payload data and DTX modes is unusual. Other RTP payload  
formats usually use out-of-band SDP signalling to such purposes. I  
accept that there are backwards compatibility issues here, but the  
document should at least explain the unusual design choice.

The code in Appendix A is useful. What licensing terms are attached to  
it?

Regards,
-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

---

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:17:54 +0300

Colin,
Thanks, I will let Yury respond. I sent a publication request last night but
this does not prevent a revision of the draft if needed.
As for my view see inline

A comment to Yury is to have a valid email address in the authors list
otherwise they will not get any information about the progress of the draft
in publication stage.

Roni

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Colin Perkins [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 1:30 AM
> To: Roni Even
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [AVT] Short WGLC on draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-08
> 
> Roni,
> 

I suggest that Yury will add some text.

> document should at least explain the unusual design choice.

The text says that it is not negotiation but an indication on the structure
of the payload in the packet, the support of DTX is not optional so there is
no need for the out of band negotiation. 
Yury can clarify the backward interoperability issue.

> The code in Appendix A is useful. What licensing terms are attached to
Good question

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:00:18 +0200

>> The code in Appendix A is useful. What licensing terms are attached to

I would note that the TLP applies to this:
http://trustee.ietf.org/docs/IETF-Trust-License-Policy.pdf

I would strongly recommend the authors to include the explicit BSD
license or its short form legend.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Yury Morzeev" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 13:06:25 +0400

Thank you gentlemen for your comments,
We will review the document and include some changes.

Regards,
Yury Morzeev

-----Original Message-----
From: Magnus Westerlund [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 1:00 PM
To: Roni Even
Cc: 'Colin Perkins'; Yury Morzeev; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [AVT] Short WGLC on draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-08

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: "Yury Morzeev" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:20:15 +0400

Roni, Magnus, Colin,

I've took into account your comments below and add minor changes into the draft.

Please, revise them and may be we have a chance to go to the next step.

Also I have explained Roni about the valid address. So, all addresses in the document are available to authors.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Yury Morzeev

-----Original Message-----
From: Yury Morzeev 
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 1:06 PM
To: 'Magnus Westerlund'; Roni Even
Cc: 'Colin Perkins'; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [AVT] Short WGLC on draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-08

Regards,

Yury Morzeev

-----Original Message-----

To: Roni Even

>>> We had a WGLC on version 4 of http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-

>> avt-rtp-ipmr-08

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund