Subject: Re: [AVT] Two questions on "ECN for RTP"

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:13:51 +0200

Colin Perkins skrev:
> Tom,
> 
> You might have a different congestion response, depending on which
> packets were lost/marked. For example, if tightly spaced packets are
> marked, this might be considered a single congestion event, where as the
> same fraction of packets being marked over a longer period of time might
> be treated as several loss events. We want to allow flexibility in the
> congestion response, since it's not clear what's the correct response.

Also to be able to check if the receivers claim ECN nonce value is the
right value then you need to tell the sender which packets you have not
included in the ECN nonce. The only packets valid to exclude are either
lost or reported as CE marked.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------