Subject: [AVT] RFC 5760 on RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extensions for Single-Source Multicast Sessions with Unicast Feedback

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:53:01 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5760

        Title:      RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extensions 
                    for Single-Source Multicast Sessions with Unicast 
                    Feedback 
        Author:     J. Ott, J. Chesterfield,
                    E. Schooler
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      66
        Characters: 160368
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm-19.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5760.txt

This document specifies an extension to the Real-time Transport
Control Protocol (RTCP) to use unicast feedback to a multicast
sender.  The proposed extension is useful for single-source multicast
sessions such as Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) communication where
the traditional model of many-to-many group communication is either
not available or not desired.  In addition, it can be applied to any
group that might benefit from a sender-controlled summarized
reporting mechanism.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC