Subject: [AVT] FW: New Version Notification for draft-yang-avt-rtp-synced-playback-03

From: Peilin Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 10:28:05 +0800

Hi All,

This is an update for draft-yang-avt-rtp-synced-playback.
Extenstion messages are added in the latest version. The latest version also
only focuses on RAMS delay.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks.

Peilin
-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 10:03 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-yang-avt-rtp-synced-playback-03

A new version of I-D, draft-yang-avt-rtp-synced-playback-03.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Peilin Yang and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-yang-avt-rtp-synced-playback
Revision:	 03
Title:		 Synchronized Playback in Rapid Acquisition of Multicast
Sessions
Creation_date:	 2010-02-27
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 12

Abstract:
When watching the same IPTV channel, different TV sets may not render the
same picture and the associated audio at the same moment.  The variation in
end-to-end delay that resulted in such asynchronous playback between users
is referred to as inter-user playback delay.
Unicast based rapid acquisition of multicast RTP sessions (RAMS) as
specified in [I-D.ietf-avt-rapid-acquisition- for-rtp] is an important
technique in achieving fast channel switching in IPTV as well as other
multicast applications.  In addition, RAMS also significantly relaxes the
requirement of relatively short random access point period in encoding of
video streams in multicast applications, thus allowing significantly
improved compression efficiency.  However, on the other hand, the use of
RAMS increases inter-user playback delay, which makes users receiving the
same multicast session playback the same content asynchronously.  This
document specifies a mechanism to help reduce inter-user playback delay
caused by the use of RAMS.

The IETF Secretariat.