Subject: [AVT] New Version Notification for draft-xia-avt-mpeg2ts-preamble-02

From: Peilin Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:02:38 +0800

Hi All,

this is an update for
draft-xia-avt-mpeg2ts-preamble(http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-xia-avt-mpeg2t
s-preamble-02.txt).

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks.

Peilin

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
///////////////////////
A new version of I-D, draft-xia-avt-mpeg2ts-preamble-02.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Peilin Yang and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-xia-avt-mpeg2ts-preamble
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Preamble Acquisition of MPEG2-TS Multicast Sessions
Creation_date:	 2010-02-10
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 22

Abstract:
The ITU-T Rec. H.222.0 | ISO/IEC 13818-1 Transport Stream (MPEG2-TS)
addresses the combining of one or more elementary streams of video and
audio, as well as other data, into single or multiple streams which are
suitable for storage or transmission.  The necessary and sufficient
information contained in the Program Specific
Information(PSI) tables to demultiplex and present programs must be acquired
before a RTP receiver can process any data received in MPEG2-TS.  In this
document, a Retransmission Server is specified to deliver MPEG2-TS preamble
prior to unicast burst RTP packets.  The Retransmission Server caches raw
RTP packets with MPEG2-TS preamble information, and sends them to the RTP
receiver which initiates rapid acquisition of MPEG2-TS multicast sessions.

The IETF Secretariat.