Subject: [AVT] 2nd WGLC request for RAMS and adoption of port mapping

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:02:00 -0800

Hi everyone,

RAMS draft has been revised to -07 addressing all comments received in the 1st WGLC and afterwards, and closing all of the open issues. We would like to request a 2nd WGLC. I'd like to remind you that several SDOs are waiting on this draft to move forward to publication.

Here is the latest version:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-avt-rapid-acquisition-for-rtp-07.txt

RAMS requires the port mapping draft normatively. The port mapping has been discussed in detail in previous meetings and I believe the current draft is ready for WG adoption. We would like to ask the chairs to consider this work for adoption based on the new charter:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-begen-avt-ports-for-ucast-mcast-rtp 

Our goal is to finalize the port mapping draft as quickly as possible to avoid delays in RAMS publication.

Thanks,
-acbegen

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:50:23 +0100

WG,

I will review this version and provide my comments next week. I have
been involved in discussion with the authors after my WG last call. We
made a lot of progress, but I think there are some issue we are not
fully agreeing and where I expect WG discussion.

I would point out that there has been substantial amount of changes to
the document. So I do recommend people to read it now and comment on it.
That way we can also have a good discussion in the WG on any remaining
issue that people might bring up.

I also support adopting draft-begen-avt-ports-for-ucast-mcast-rtp as WG
item. We need something to resolve the NAT/FW traversal issues and get
the RAMS media streams session to be delivered in a correct way.

Cheers

Magnus

Ali C. Begen (abegen) skrev 2010-02-18 17:02:
> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Working Group
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------