Subject: [AVT] [ACM MULTIMEDIA 2010] Call for Full Papers and Brave New Ideas

From: ACM Multimedia 2010 Publicity <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 15:12:32 +0100

ACM Multimedia 2010 - Call for Full Papers and Brave New Ideas
Deadline for abstract registration: March 21st, 2010
http://www.acmmm10.org/
October 25-29th 2010 - Firenze, Italy

ACM Multimedia 2010 solicits submissions for Full Papers and Brave New
Ideas. Full Papers describe scientific achievements in the following
tracks: Multimedia Content, Multimedia Systems, Human Centered
Multimedia and Multimedia Applications. Brave New Ideas proposals
address long term research challenges, point to new research directions,
or provide new insights or brave perspectives that pave the way to
innovation.

All details for the submission are on the conference web site
http://www.acmmm10.org/.

Full papers will be presented in the oral sessions of the ACM Multimedia
2010 technical program. Papers can be of interest of multiple tracks
simultaneously: if the case applies, it must be specified upon paper
submission. Extended version of the four candidate Best Papers (one from
each track) will appear in a special section in the ACM Transactions on
Multimedia Computing, Communications and Applications (TOMCCAP 2011).
ACM Multimedia review is double-blind. Traditional acceptance rate for
Full Papers is about 18%. Contributions submitted to the Full Papers
program that will have received good ratings although not accepted, will
be suggested for inclusion in the Short Paper program. The maximum
length allowed for full papers is 10 pages.

Brave New Ideas proposals should present exciting new topics that are
highly related and relevant to the future of the field and which may not
be traditionally presented at ACM Multimedia. Proposals may be for
Research Papers and Session Proposals. Brave New Ideas papers will be
reviewed in two stages: abstracts (500 words) will be first filtered by
the Brave New Ideas Program Chairs, then selected papers (4 to 10 pages)
will undergo a full review plus discussion with the Chairs. Session
proposals should include title, a one-page abstract describing the scope
of the session, names and one-paragraph bios of the organizers, and the
expected composition of the session.

Important dates:

March 21st, 2010 – Full Paper and Brave New Ideas abstract submission
deadline
April 11th, 2010 – Full Paper submission deadline
May 7th, 2010 – Brave New Idea Paper submission deadline
July 5th, 2010 – Notification of acceptance
July 26th, 2010 – Camera-ready submission deadline