Subject: [AVT] RFC 5725 on Post-Repair Loss RLE Report Block Type for RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Reports (XRs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:53:31 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5725

        Title:      Post-Repair Loss RLE Report Block 
                    Type for RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) 
                    Extended Reports (XRs) 
        Author:     A. Begen, D. Hsu,
                    M. Lague
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18794
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5725.txt

This document defines a new report block type within the framework of
RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Reports (XRs).  One of the
initial XR report block types is the Loss Run Length Encoding (RLE)
Report Block.  This report conveys information regarding the
individual Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) packet receipt and loss
events experienced during the RTCP interval preceding the
transmission of the report.  The new report, which is referred to as
the Post-repair Loss RLE report, carries information regarding the
packets that remain lost after all loss-repair methods are applied.
By comparing the RTP packet receipts/losses before and after the loss
repair is completed, one can determine the effectiveness of the loss-
repair methods in an aggregated fashion.  This document also defines
the signaling of the Post-repair Loss RLE report in the Session
Description Protocol (SDP).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC