Subject: [AVT] Call for Papers: PCS 2010

From: "Jiro Katto" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 04:48:13 +0900

CALL FOR PAPERS - PCS 2010
==========================

PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE, 1 JUNE 2010

It is our pleasure to announce the 28th Picture Coding Symposium (PCS 2010)
to be held in Nagoya, JAPAN, 7-10 December 2010.

All the information about the conference is available at http://www.pcs2010.
org.

Picture Coding Symposium (PCS) is an international forum devoted
specifically to advancements in visual data coding. PCS is the pioneer and
has the longest history in this field. Since 1969, PCS has provided the most
exciting meeting place for the visual coding community: industry, research,
academia and users. The 28th PCS will be held in Nagoya, Aichi, JAPAN, on
December 7-10, 2010. In line with the tradition of PCS, challenging
exploratory contributions are very welcomed.

In PCS 2010, in addition to the three day symposium held on December 8-10,
the one day workshop will be held on December 7, which includes the 25th
Picture Coding Symposium of Japan and the 15th Image Media Processing
Symposium (PCSJ/IMPS). 

Furthermore, just after PCS 2010, the 18th International Packet Video
Workshop will be held in Hong Kong, China, on December 13-14, 2010
(http://www.mtrec.ust.hk/pv2010/).

TOPICS:

The 28th PCS especially focuses on 
- 3DTV
- FTV (Freeviewpoint Television)
- Beyond H.264/MPEG-4 AVC

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to: 
- Coding of still and moving pictures 
- Model-based and synthetic coding
- Distributed source coding
- Image and video processing
- Multimodal coding and processing
- Very high-resolution imaging, coding and processing
- Multi-view video processing and coding
- Representation, analysis and coding of 3D scenes
- Virtual/augmented/mixed reality
- Subjective and objective quality assessment metrics and methods
- Joint source and channel coding
- Error robustness, resilience and concealment
- Transcoding and transmoding
- Coding for mobile, IP and sensor networks
- Coding and processing for database applications
- Protection and integrity of visual data
- Implementation architectures and VLSI
- New applications and techniques for visual data processing
- Standards for visual data coding

PAPER SUBMISSION:

Prospective authors are invited to submit extended summaries of no more than
four (4) pages for the Symposium or two (2) pages for the Workshop, in
English, with font size 11, including results, figures and references.
Submissions will be accepted only in PDF format. The online submission
system will be available later through the symposium web site.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Symposium paper submission: 
  Submission deadline of regular papers:	June 1, 2010.
  Notification of acceptance:			September 1, 2010.
  Submission deadline of camera-ready papers:  	October 1, 2010.

Workshop paper submission:
  Submission deadline of short papers:   	September 15, 2010.
  Notification of acceptance, 	         	October 1, 2010.

MORE INFORMATION will be available on the symposium web site
http://www.pcs2010.org.