Subject: [AVT] ACM Multimedia 2010 - Call for, Short Papers, Videos, Cultural Heritage, , Open Source Competition, Discussion Rooms, Doctoral Symposium, , Technical, Demos

From: ACM Multimedia 2010 Publicity <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 17:28:12 +0100

ACM Multimedia 2010 - Call for Short Papers, Videos, Cultural Heritage, 
Open Source Competition, Discussion Rooms, Doctoral Symposium, Technical 
Demos
Deadline for submission: May 7th, 2010
http://www.acmmm10.org/
October 25-29th 2010 - Firenze, Italy

The deadline for submissions to ACM Multimedia 2010 Short Papers, 
Videos, Cultural Heritage, Open Source Competition, Discussion Rooms, 
Doctoral Symposium and Technical Demos is May 7th, 2010.

Short Papers will be presented as posters in an interactive setting. 
Short papers should present interesting and exiciting recent results or 
novel thought-provoking ideas that are not quite ready, and preferrably 
include a system demonstration.

Videos should present innovative research results, like for example 
merging augmented reality and real world entities, showing the use of 
multiple cameras, camera arrays or video-sensor networks or communicate 
complex ideas through novel means and solutions or showing creative 
applications or multimedia artistic productions in new contexts.

The Cultural Heritage Track of the Interactive Art Program seeks to 
connect the cultural heritage and multimedia communities, so to drive 
innovation in the multimedia field through cultural content and to 
inject scientific and technological innovations in the cultural heritage 
area through advanced multimedia techniques.
Open-Source Software Competition is intended to celebrate and encourage 
the contribution of researchers and software developers to advance the 
field by providing the community with implementations of codecs, 
middleware, frameworks, toolkits, libraries, applications, and other 
multimedia software.

Discussion Rooms are open spaces for debate peer-to-peer basis and will 
complement Panels (that stimulate experts-to-attendees debates), 
Tutorials (that provide expert-to-attendees overview or in-depth 
courses) and Doctoral Symposia (that implement expert-to-PHD moments of 
scientific suggestion).

Doctoral Symposium provides students involved in the preparation of a 
PhD in any area of Multimedia with a unique opportunity to have 
interaction with senior researchers regarding their proposed 
dissertation research, and meet other doctoral students at the same 
stage of their dissertation research.

Open-Source Software Competition is intended to celebrate and encourage 
the contribution of researchers and software developers to advance the 
field by providing the community with implementations of codecs, 
middleware, frameworks, toolkits, libraries, applications, and other 
multimedia software.

Technical demonstrations will provide live evidence of innovative 
solutions in the field of Multimedia and its applications, showing 
leading edge research at work. Submissions are particularly encouraged 
in all innovative areas of Multimedia.

All details for submitting are on the conference web site 
http://www.acmmm10.org/.

Important dates (check web site for details on each track):

May 7th, 2010 – Submission deadline
July 5th, 2010 – Notification of acceptance
July 26th, 2010 – Camera-ready submission deadline