Subject: [AVT] 'ssm-rtcp' attribute proposal

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:20:38 -0800

During the review of the RAMS draft, an issue was raised by Magnus
regarding the multicast RTCP port of the SSM session. 

It turns out that that port is not determined by the "a=rtcp" line which
solely indicates the address and port of the feedback target. Rather,
RFC 5760 (section 10.2) says the multicast RTCP port must be derived
from the RTP port (m line). However, this is pretty restrictive. To
address this concern, here is a new proposal, which uses a new SDP
attribute to specify the multicast RTCP port in SSM sessions.  

The deadline for -00 drafts had passed when this issue came up so I
could not submit it but here is the temp link. Once the submission
opens, I will submit it. In the mean time, please review it as we would
like this issue to get fixed so that the RAMS and port mapping drafts
are consistent. Your comments are welcome.

http://ali.begen.net/files/draft-begen-avt-rtcp-port-for-ssm-00.txt 

It is a pretty short read.

I am planning to present this along with the RAMS draft in the next
meeting.

Thanks,
-acbegen

---

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:45:24 -0700

The draft is posted now and will be presented on Wed.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-begen-avt-rtcp-port-for-ssm-00.txt 

-acbegen

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Ali C. Begen (abegen)
> Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:21 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: Magnus Westerlund
> Subject: [AVT] 'ssm-rtcp' attribute proposal
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Working Group
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt