Subject: [AVT] Extended Rapid Acquisition of Multicast RTP Sessions (ERAMS)

From: Ingemar Johansson S <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:42:22 +0100

Hi

An updated version of 
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-johansson-avt-mcast-based-rams-02.txt
is submitted. I would like to have this draft adopted as a WG item

Abstract

   This document proposes Extended RAMS (ERAMS), which is a complement
   to the unicast based Rapid Acquisition for Multicast based Streaming
   (RAMS) discussed in [ID-RAMS].  The outline of this added
   functionality to RAMS is to gather up Rapid Acquisition requests for
   many users and transmit them in dedicated multicast streams.  With
   this technique the peak load on the retransmission server and on the
   outgoing link from the retransmission server can be reduced.  For a
   problem description of the channel change problem in multicast based
   IPTV the reader is encouraged to read [ID-RAMS].

/Ingemar

=================================
INGEMAR JOHANSSON  M.Sc. 
Senior Research Engineer 

Ericsson AB
Multimedia Technologies
Labratoriegränd 11
971 28, Luleå, Sweden
Phone +46-1071 43042
SMS/MMS +46-73 078 3289
[email-masked]
www.ericsson.com 
Visit http://labs.ericsson.com !
=================================