Subject: [AVT] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5760 (2114)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 03:57:30 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5760,
"RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extensions for Single-Source Multicast Sessions with Unicast Feedback".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5760&eid=2114

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: ALfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 10.1, pg.40

Original Text
-------------
|  rtcp-unicast:rsi *(SP <processing>:<rtcp-type>])

      This attribute MUST be used to indicate the "Distribution Source
|     Feedback Summary" model of operation.  In this model, a list or
      parameters may be used to explicitly specify how RTCP packets
      originated by receivers are handled.  Options for processing a
      given RTCP packet type are:

      aggr:    The Distribution Source has means for aggregating the
               contents of the RTCP packets and will do so.

|     forward: The Distribution Source will forward the RTCP packet
               unchanged.

|     term:    The Distribution Source will terminate the RTCP packet.

Corrected Text
--------------
|  rtcp-unicast:rsi *(SP <processing>:<rtcp-type>)

      This attribute MUST be used to indicate the "Distribution Source
|     Feedback Summary" model of operation.  In this model, a list of
      parameters may be used to explicitly specify how RTCP packets
      originated by receivers are handled.  Options for processing a
      given RTCP packet type are:

      aggr:    The Distribution Source has means for aggregating the
               contents of the RTCP packets and will do so.

|     forward: The Distribution Source will forward the RTCP packets
               unchanged.

|     term:    The Distribution Source will terminate the RTCP packets.

Notes
-----
Rationale:

a) (Technical):  unmatched "]" in syntax rule;

b) (Editorials):  s/or/of/  , and use plural:  s/packet/packets/

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5760 (draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm-19)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extensions for Single-Source Multicast Sessions with Unicast Feedback
Publication Date    : February 2010
Author(s)           : J. Ott, J. Chesterfield, E. Schooler
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Audio/Video Transport
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG