Subject: [AVT] New version of draft-begen-avt-rtp-mpeg2ts-preamble-05

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 08:30:37 -0700

We revised our preamble draft. Here is the link:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-begen-avt-rtp-mpeg2ts-preamble-05.txt

The most notable changes are the additional text in Section 7 (Post processing) and the pointer to our open-source implementation.

If there are comments, we will be glad to hear them.

-acbegen

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 11:28 AM
To: Ali C. Begen (abegen)
Cc: Eric Friedrich (efriedri)
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-begen-avt-rtp-mpeg2ts-preamble-05 

A new version of I-D, draft-begen-avt-rtp-mpeg2ts-preamble-05.txt has been successfully submitted by Ali Begen and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-begen-avt-rtp-mpeg2ts-preamble
Revision:	 05
Title:		 RTP Payload Format for MPEG2-TS Preamble
Creation_date:	 2010-04-08
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 40

Abstract:
Demultiplexing and decoding an MPEG2 Transport Stream (MPEG2-TS)
requires the knowledge of specific information about the transport
stream, which we refer to as the MPEG2-TS Preamble.  While this
information is spread over different locations throughout the
transport stream and can be eventually assembled after some time a
receiver started receiving the MPEG2-TS, the time it takes to
retrieve all this information (especially in multicast environments)
may be long.  Instead, having this information readily available as a
Preamble and sending the Preamble to a receiver that will shortly
start receiving the transport stream will virtually eliminate the
waiting time and let the receiver start processing/decoding the
MPEG2-TS sooner.  In this document, we give an overview of the
MPEG2-TS and the delay components in video systems, and motivate the
need for constructing and using the MPEG2-TS Preamble for rapidly
acquiring the source stream in RTP multicast sessions.  We also
define and register the RTP payload format for the MPEG2-TS Preamble.

The IETF Secretariat.