Subject: [AVT] New Version Notification for draft-xia-avt-splicing-for-mpeg2ts-ps-01

From: Jinwei Xia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:31:00 +0800

Hi all,
 
The new version of the splicing PS draft is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xia-avt-splicing-for-mpeg2ts-ps-01
<http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-avt-ports-for-ucast-mcast-rtp-01.txt> 
 
We update this informational draft based on the comments from Colin Perkins,
assume a translator to play splicer rule and analyse what's the negative
impact on translator from RTP and RTCP operations when splicing. 
 
If the issues described in the PS draft are confirmed on mail-list, the
specific solution how to solve them is the next step work. Any suggestive
solutions are welcome.

BR
Jinwei

Abstract:
The base MPEG2-TS splicing related protocols, i.e., Digital Program
Insertion Splicing API [SCTE30] and Digital Program Insertion Cueing Message
for Cable [SCTE35], only take into account how to insert the content (e.g.,
spot advertisements of various lengths, program substitution, public service
announcements, etc) into any MPEG2-TS output multiplex on the splicer , as
well as how to carry notification of upcoming splicing and other timing
information in the transport stream, but not give enough mechanisms to
direct the underlying transport protocol such as RTP how to compatibly work
with the MPEG2-TS splicing.  This memo highlights the issues of what's the
impact on RTP and RTCP when performing splicing between the primary channel
and the insertion channel.