Subject: [AVT] RFC 5968 on Guidelines for Extending the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:08:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5968

        Title:      Guidelines for Extending the RTP 
                    Control Protocol (RTCP) 
        Author:     J. Ott, C. Perkins
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 42541
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-guidelines-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5968.txt

The RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) is used along with the Real-time
Transport Protocol (RTP) to provide a control channel between media
senders and receivers.  This allows constructing a feedback loop to
enable application adaptation and monitoring, among other uses.  The
basic reporting mechanisms offered by RTCP are generic, yet quite
powerful and suffice to cover a range of uses.  This document
provides guidelines on extending RTCP if those basic mechanisms prove
insufficient.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC