Subject: [AVT] FW: New Version Notification for draft-begen-avt-rtp-mpeg2ts-preamble-06

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:00:22 -0700

This is to avoid the expiration of the draft.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-begen-avt-rtp-mpeg2ts-preamble/

I am hoping that in the Beijing meeting we will be able to finally reach a decision about the preamble issue.

Cheers, acbegen.

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 12:58 PM
To: Ali C. Begen (abegen)
Cc: Eric Friedrich (efriedri)
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-begen-avt-rtp-mpeg2ts-preamble-06 

A new version of I-D, draft-begen-avt-rtp-mpeg2ts-preamble-06.txt has been successfully submitted by Ali Begen and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-begen-avt-rtp-mpeg2ts-preamble
Revision:	 06
Title:		 RTP Payload Format for MPEG2-TS Preamble
Creation_date:	 2010-09-27
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 40

Abstract:
Demultiplexing and decoding an MPEG2 Transport Stream (MPEG2-TS)
requires the knowledge of specific information about the transport
stream, which we refer to as the MPEG2-TS Preamble.  While this
information is spread over different locations throughout the
transport stream and can be eventually assembled after some time a
receiver started receiving the MPEG2-TS, the time it takes to
retrieve all this information (especially in multicast environments)
may be long.  Instead, having this information readily available as a
Preamble and sending the Preamble to a receiver that will shortly
start receiving the transport stream will virtually eliminate the
waiting time and let the receiver start processing/decoding the
MPEG2-TS sooner.  In this document, we give an overview of the
MPEG2-TS and the delay components in video systems, and motivate the
need for constructing and using the MPEG2-TS Preamble for rapidly
acquiring the source stream in RTP multicast sessions.  We also
define and register the RTP payload format for the MPEG2-TS Preamble.

The IETF Secretariat.