Subject: [AVT] Draft draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-guidelines-04.txt in AUTH48

From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 11:02:43 +0300

All,

draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-guidelines-04.txt is now in AUTH48.  We have one
addition to the document that is not purely editorial in nature.  We
suggest for the RTCP functionality outline to also make reference to
RTP/RTCP muxing (which is already mentioned elsewhere in the document,
but should be included here for clarity).

We assume that this is uncontroversial, but would like to give everyone
the opportunity to comment.  If there are any issues, please comment by
Tuesday (7 September 2010).  By default, we will move ahead with this
addition.

Section 3, add to the end of the third para:

ADD:

   Finally, RTP and RTCP may be multiplexed inside the same transport
   connection or using the same port number [RFC5761], but this does
   not affect the operation of RTCP itself; distinguishing RTP and RTCP
   packets is achieved because the code points for RTCP and the payload
   types for RTP use disjoint number spaces.

Thanks,
Joerg

---

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 12:14:13 +0300

Hi,
This change looks OK to me
Roni Even
As individual

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Joerg Ott [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 11:03 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; Colin Perkins
> Subject: Draft draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-guidelines-04.txt in AUTH48
> 
> All,
>