Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-klv-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 05:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for SMPTE 336M Encoded Data
	Author(s)       : J. Arbeiter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rtp-klv-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-11-15

This document specifies the payload format for packetization of KLV
(Key-Length-Value) Encoded Data, as defined by the Society of Motion
Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) in SMPTE 336M, into the
Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-klv-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Arbeiter, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:25:27 -0500

This submission of draft-ietf-avt-rtp-klv-01.txt does not contain new
material but meets new an updated timeframe of status. I implore the AVT
working group to review this submission and provide any relevant
feedback in order to continue the acceptance process. This draft is very
important to the work done for the National Geospatial Agency (NGA)
under the supervision of the Motion Imagery Standards Board (MISB) for
the carriage of key-length-value metadata in accordance with other IETF
specifications. As the MISB has adopted RTP/RTSP for the delivery of
video, the usage of these IETF protocols are greatly hampered without
the addition of this draft protocol.

Thank you and I welcome your comments,

Jim Arbeiter, Format Working Group Chair
MISB/NGA
Harris Corporation
321-984-6414
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-klv-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of
the IETF.