Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-svc-25.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 12:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for Scalable Video Coding
	Author(s)       : S. Wenger, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rtp-svc-25.txt
	Pages           : 105
	Date            : 2010-12-20

This memo describes an RTP payload format for Scalable Video Coding
(SVC) as defined in Annex G of ITU-T Recommendation H.264, which is
technically identical to Amendment 3 of ISO/IEC International
Standard 14496-10.  The RTP payload format allows for packetization
of one or more Network Abstraction Layer (NAL) units in each RTP
packet payload, as well as fragmentation of a NAL unit in multiple
RTP packets.  Furthermore, it supports transmission of an SVC stream
over a single as well as multiple RTP sessions.  The payload format
defines a new media subtype name "H264-SVC", but is still backwards
compatible to [I-D.ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis] since the base layer,
when encapsulated in its own RTP stream, must use the H.264 media
subtype name ("H264") and the packetization method specified in [I-
D.ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis].  The payload format has wide
applicability in videoconferencing, Internet video streaming, and
high bit-rate entertainment-quality video, among others.Table of Contents

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-svc-25.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Ye-Kui Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:12:47 -0500

This revision is mainly for changes agreed from IESG review, including some
changes on media type registration and security considerations, and a few
minor editorial changes on definitions. We also make some other minor
updates on references and authors' addresses. 

BR, YK

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 3:30 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-svc-25.txt
> 
> (SVC) as defined in Annex G of ITU-T Recommendation H.264, 
> which is technically identical to Amendment 3 of ISO/IEC 
> International Standard 14496-10.  The RTP payload format 
> allows for packetization of one or more Network Abstraction 
> Layer (NAL) units in each RTP packet payload, as well as 
> fragmentation of a NAL unit in multiple RTP packets.  
> Furthermore, it supports transmission of an SVC stream over a 
> single as well as multiple RTP sessions.  The payload format 
> defines a new media subtype name "H264-SVC", but is still 
> backwards compatible to [I-D.ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis] since 
> the base layer, when encapsulated in its own RTP stream, must 
> use the H.264 media subtype name ("H264") and the 
> packetization method specified in [I- 
> applicability in videoconferencing, Internet video streaming, 
> and high bit-rate entertainment-quality video, among 
> others.Table of Contents
> 
> Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail 
> reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII 
> version of the Internet-Draft.
>