Subject: [AVT] Status of audio level drafts and implementations

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:27:06 +0100

Hi all,

here's a quick update about draft-ivov-avt-slic and
draft-lennox-avt-rtp-audio-level-exthdr, candidates for the newly added
milestones about mixer-to-client and client-to-mixer audio level indication.

The documents have been discussed extensively for the last 1.5 years and
can be considered fairly stable. A few minor issues we plan to start
specific threads about after the possible adoption remain open:

+ how frequently the levels should be sent (most likely a RECOMMENDED,
  e.g. in every packet, every 100ms...)?

+ possible attacks not addressed in security considerations?

+ would the addition of example code be useful?

The mixer-to-client extension is currently implemented in the SIP
Communicator user agent with audio mixing capability (open source,
available for Mac, Windows and Linux at: http://sip-communicator.org/)
and can be easily tested following instructions at:
http://sip-communicator.org/levels.

-- 
Ciao,
Enrico