Subject: [AVT] Progressing the XR blocks work (Monitoring)

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 16:21:57 +0200

Hi,

We have 10 expired AVT draft defining new RTCP XR Report Blocks all starting
with draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr-* (see
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/search/?name=draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/search/?name=draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr&active
Drafts=on&oldDrafts=on> &activeDrafts=on&oldDrafts=on expired May 15 2009).

We now have volunteers to progress the monitoring architecture  draft which
will enable us to finish the different XR report blocks.

In order to finalize the RTCP XR monitoring work the AVT chairs would like
to know if there are volunteers to finish these drafts once we get the
monitoring architecture going.

Please let us know if you can help with editing or reviewing of the
documents.

Thanks

Roni Even 

AVT Co-Chair

---

From: Peter Musgrave <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 11:27:55 -0500

Hi Roni, 

I can help with the review of the burst-gap drafts as well as the discard and delay drafts.

Timeframe?

Peter Musgrave

On 2010-12-23, at 9:21 AM, Roni Even wrote:

> Hi,
>  
> We have 10 expired AVT draft defining new RTCP XR Report Blocks all starting with draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr-* (see https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/search/?name=draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr&activeDrafts=on&oldDrafts=on expired May 15 2009).
>  
> We now have volunteers to progress the monitoring architecture  draft which will enable us to finish the different XR report blocks.
>  
> In order to finalize the RTCP XR monitoring work the AVT chairs would like to know if there are volunteers to finish these drafts once we get the monitor :p>
>  
> Please let us know if you can help with editing or reviewing of the documents.
>  
> Thanks
> Roni Even
> AVT Co-Chair
> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Working Group
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:42:20 +0200

Hi Peter,

Thanks, 

As for the timeframe, we will first update the monitoring architecture draft
and try to get it as a WG document. I think that we will probably start
working on the XR blocks only after the March meeting.

The reason for asking for volunteers was to see that there are enough people
who will contribute to this effort and that will maybe enable us to have a
separate WG on this topic as was suggested by Robert a couple of meetings
ago.

BR

Roni Even

From: Peter Musgrave [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:28 PM
To: Roni Even
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [AVT] Progressing the XR blocks work (Monitoring)

Hi Roni, 

I can help with the review of the burst-gap drafts as well as the discard
and delay drafts.

Timeframe?

Peter Musgrave

Hi,

monitor :p>

Thanks

Roni Even

AVT Co-Chair

---

From: Alan Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:30:47 -0500

Hi Roni

Due to workload (a series of major product releases) I¹ve been unable to do
any IETF work recently - this is beginning to ease up.  I don¹t expect to
participate in IETF meetings for a while but would be able to work on drafts
via the list

Best Regards

Alan

On 12/23/10 9:21 AM, "Roni Even" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/search/?name=draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr&activeDra
> fts=on&oldDrafts=on expired May 15 2009).
>  
> In order to finalize the RTCP XR monitoring work the AVT chairs would like to
> know if there are volunteers to finish these drafts once we get the monitor
> :p>
>