Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 15:09:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Guidelines for the use of Variable Bit Rate Audio with Secure RTP
	Author(s)       : Colin Perkins
                          Jean-Marc Valin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio-04.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-12-30

   This memo discusses potential security issues that arise when using
   variable bit rate audio with the secure RTP profile.  Guidelines to
   mitigate these issues are suggested.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio-04.txt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 23:16:05 +0000

>   mitigate these issues are suggested.

This version strengthens the recommendations in the light of review by the security area, and discussion in SAAG at IETF 82. This was heavily influenced by http://www.cs.unc.edu/~fabian/papers/foniks-oak11.pdf

In the light of the changes, a new WG last call is likely required.

Colin

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/