Subject: [AVTCORE] Internet Draft check list and usage of ID-Nits tool

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:31:06 +0100

WG,

This is intended to authors of WG Internet drafts. When a document is
getting close to WG last call and in any later step it is important to
have the document fulfill the ID Check list:

http://www.ietf.org/id-info/checklist.html

Authors do need to read the above reference.

The items that can be checked by machine on this list are checked by the
ID-Nits tool.
http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/

I recommend that one uses the verbose flag to get more detailed
information about any issues.

Please make it a habit to run the checks before submitting any new
versions of IDs that are in the more mature stages of development. The
tool is good at finding outdated references, missing or unused
references and a number of other issues that is easy to forget to take
care of when updating the document.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------