Subject: [AVTCORE] IESG comment regarding draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-16

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 10:09:57 +0200

WG,

A comment from the IESG (Brian Haberman) said the following regarding
the second paragraph of section 3:

1. The Protocol Overview section states : "Intermediaries in the network
that receive a RTCP TPLR SHOULD NOT send their own additional
Third-Party Loss Report messages for the same packet sequence numbers."
 Why is this not a MUST?  Is it simply to handle intermediate devices
that don't support this function?  If there is another scenario where a
device may send a TPLR that overlaps, it would
be good to spell that out.

The document editor has agreed with the IESG that it appears suitable to
change this SHOULD NOT to a MUST NOT.

Before that goes into the specification that will be approved I want to
give the WG a chance to comment on this change.

Please provide any feedback on this change no later than April the 20th.

Regards

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------