Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 02:29:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTCP Extension for Third-party Loss Report
	Author(s)       : Qin Wu
                          Frank Xia
                          Roni Even
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-17.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-04-13

   In a large RTP session using the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) feedback
   mechanism defined in RFC 4585, a feedback target may experience
   transient overload if some event causes a large number of receivers
   to send feedback at once.  This overload is usually avoided by
   ensuring that feedback reports are forwarded to all receivers,
   allowing them to avoid sending duplicate feedback reports.  However,
   there are cases where it is not recommended to forward feedback
   reports, and this may allow feedback implosion.  This memo discusses
   these cases and defines a new RTCP third-party loss report that can
   be used to inform receivers that the feedback target is aware of some
   loss event, allowing them to suppress feedback.  Associated SDP
   signaling is also defined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-17.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-17.txt

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 17:50:31 +0800

On 13 April , 2012 5:29 PM, [email-masked] wrote:> 
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-17.txt

Here is one minor update to feedback suppression draft based on comments during IETF LC and from Gen-Art Review:
   o  Editorial changes based on Gen-ART review.

   o  Remove the discussion of improper dithering that is less of
      motivation of the current version.

   o  Change of the normative language from SHOULD NOT to MUST NOT in
      the protocol overview section.

   o  Move Example use case section after Introduction section.

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 17:53:06 +0800

Here is one minor update to feedback suppression draft based on comments during IETF LC and from Gen-Art Review:
    o  Remove the discussion of improper dithering in the introduction section.
    o  Change of the normative language from SHOULD NOT to MUST NOT in
        the protocol overview section.
    o  Editorial changes based on Gen-ART review.
    o  Move Example use case section before Protocol overview section.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 16:20:10 +0200

WG,

This version will not be approved for publication by the AD until after
the previous stated dead line of next Friday (20th of April). This way
you have the opportunity to review all the proposed changes resulting
from the IESG review.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

On 2012-04-13 11:53, Qin Wu wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 08:36:48 +0200

WG,

I have seen no objections against the changes. Therefore I state that
the WG is satisfied with the editors changes in response to the IESG's
comments.

Robert, from the WG's perspective this is ready for publication.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund