Subject: [AVTCORE] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-westerlund-avtcore-max-ssrc-01.txt

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:10:43 +0200

WG,

(As individual)

We have updated our individual draft for the maximum SSRC SDP signaling.
The main change is that the fallback policy has been changed from a
single SSRC to being application specific.

Feedback much appreciated.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Subject: I-D Action: draft-westerlund-avtcore-max-ssrc-01.txt
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:08:00 +0200
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multiple Synchronization sources (SSRC) in RTP Session Signaling
	Author(s)       : Magnus Westerlund
                          Bo Burman
                          Fredrik Jansson
	Filename        : draft-westerlund-avtcore-max-ssrc-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-04-26

   RTP has always been a protocol that supports multiple participants
   each sending their own media streams in an RTP session.
   Unfortunately many implementations are designed only for point to
   point voice over IP with a single source in each end-point.  Even
   client implementations aimed at video conferences have often been
   built with the assumption around central mixers that only deliver a
   single media stream per media type.  Thus any application that wants
   to allow for more advance usage where multiple media streams are sent
   and received by an end-point has an issue with legacy
   implementations.  This document describes the problem and proposes a
   signalling solution for how to use multiple SSRCs within one RTP
   session and at the same time handle the legacy issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westerlund-avtcore-max-ssrc-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westerlund-avtcore-max-ssrc-01.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-avtcore-max-ssrc/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt