Subject: [AVTCORE] AD Review: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-evrc-nw-07

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:15:16 -0500

Summary: The document should be revised before IETF LC.

Primary Concern:

- This document needs to point to RFC6562, at least in the security 
considerations section and
possibly in section 11. I think the reference needs to be normative.

Minor Concerns and Nits:

- Section 8 refers backto a "mapping" in Section 4, but it's not clear 
that there's a mapping there.
I suggest adding a note that ToC values are taken from the value column 
in the table of section 4.

- This sentence from Section 6.1 does not parse well:
      The EVRC-NW interleaved/bundled format defines an encoding capability
      identification flag, which is used to signal the far end of a
      communication session of the instantaneous local EVRC-NW wideband/
      narrowband encoding capability.
   Would this replacement work?
      The EVRC-NW interleaved/bundled format defines an encoding capability
      identification flag, which is used to signal the current local EVRC-NW
      wideband/narrowband encoding capability to the far end of a 
communication
      session.

- in Section 9.1.1:
      When this media type is used in the context of transfer over RTP, the
      RTP payload format specified in Section 4.1 of RFC 3558 [6] SHALL be
      used.  In all other contexts, the file format defined in Section 8
      SHALL be used.  See Section 6 for details for EVRC-NW.
   It needs to be clearer that you are talking about Section 7 and 6 of 
_this_ document.
   I suggest saying "Section 8 of RFCXXXX" and "Section 6 of RFCXXXX" 
and add a note
   to the RFC Editor asking them to replace XXXX with the RFC number of 
this document.

- Section 5 paragraph 1: Suggest s/in a manner consistent with/as 
specified in/