Subject: [AVTCORE] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5761 (3380)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 15:51:07 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5761,
"Multiplexing RTP Data and Control Packets on a Single Port".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5761&eid=3380

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Martin Storsjö <[email-masked]>

Section: 4

Original Text
-------------
   o  RTP payload type 80 conflicts with Receiver Summary Information
      (RSI) packets defined in "RTCP Extensions for Single-Source
      Multicast Sessions with Unicast Feedback" [6].

Corrected Text
--------------
   o  RTP payload type 81 conflicts with Receiver Summary Information
      (RSI) packets defined in "RTCP Extensions for Single-Source
      Multicast Sessions with Unicast Feedback" [6].

Notes
-----
Reference [6], RFC 5760 (IANA likewise), specifies that RTCP RSI has the RTCP packet type number 209, which means that it would conflict with RTP payload type 81, not 80 as stated.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5761 (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-and-rtcp-mux-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Multiplexing RTP Data and Control Packets on a Single Port
Publication Date    : April 2010
Author(s)           : C. Perkins, M. Westerlund
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Audio/Video Transport
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG