Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 02:14:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Options for Securing RTP Sessions
	Author(s)       : Magnus Westerlund
                          Colin Perkins
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options-07.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2013-10-07

Abstract:
   The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is used in a large number of
   different application domains and environments.  This heterogeneity
   implies that different security mechanisms are needed to provide
   services such as confidentiality, integrity and source authentication
   of RTP/RTCP packets suitable for the various environments.  The range
   of solutions makes it difficult for RTP-based application developers
   to pick the most suitable mechanism.  This document provides an
   overview of a number of security solutions for RTP, and gives
   guidance for developers on how to choose the appropriate security
   mechanism.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 11:18:12 +0200

WG,

This update addressed Michael Peck's comments during the WG last call.
We have also updated one reference to use the now published RFC, rather
than draft (RFC 7022) and included a unused reference for what MBMS is
rather than just the security reference.

See the diff for the changes.

Cheers

Magnus

On 2013-10-07 11:14, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
> 
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------