Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:23:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Securing the RTP Protocol Framework: Why RTP Does Not Mandate a Single Media Security Solution
	Author(s)       : Colin Perkins
                          Magnus Westerlund
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory-14.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-10-15

Abstract:
   This memo discusses the problem of securing real-time multimedia
   sessions, and explains why the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP),
   and the associated RTP Control Protocol (RTCP), do not mandate a
   single media security mechanism.  Guidelines for designers and
   reviewers of future RTP extensions are provided, to ensure that
   appropriate security mechanisms are mandated, and that any such
   mechanisms are specified in a manner that conforms with the RTP
   architecture.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/