Subject: [AVTCORE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-leap-second-06.txt> (RTP and Leap Seconds) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 09:20:24 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document:
- 'RTP and Leap Seconds'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-leap-second-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-12-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document discusses issues that arise when RTP sessions span
   Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) leap seconds.  It updates RFC 3550
   to describe how RTP senders and receivers should behave in the
   presence of leap seconds.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-leap-second/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-leap-second/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.