Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 02:19:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Securing the RTP Protocol Framework: Why RTP Does Not Mandate a Single Media Security Solution
        Authors         : Colin Perkins
                          Magnus Westerlund
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory-16.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-01-16

Abstract:
   This memo discusses the problem of securing real-time multimedia
   sessions, and explains why the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP),
   and the associated RTP Control Protocol (RTCP), do not mandate a
   single media security mechanism.  This is relevant for designers and
   reviewers of future RTP extensions, to ensure that appropriate
   security mechanisms are mandated, and that any such mechanisms are
   specified in a manner that conforms with the RTP architecture.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 11:29:10 +0100

WG,
(as author)

We have now updated this document to resolve both Benoit's discuss and
the comments we received from IESG. The discuss fix is all making it
clearer the purpose of the document in the introduction. A bit of
editorial in the abstract and in one of the section title was also done.

The other significant change is in Section 5, where one sentence was
removed and another written. Please review the diff.

Sorry for the two versions, missed that the latest proposed change
hadn't been added to the source .xml file.

Cheers

Magnus

On 2014-01-16 11:19, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
> 
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------