Subject: [AVTCORE] Protocol Action: 'RTP and Leap Seconds' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-avtcore-leap-second-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 09:05:34 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP and Leap Seconds'
  (draft-ietf-avtcore-leap-second-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Richard Barnes and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-leap-second/

Technical Summary

   This document discusses issues that arise when RTP sessions span
   Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) leap seconds.  It updates RFC 3550
   to describe how RTP senders and receivers should behave in the
   presence of leap seconds.

Working Group Summary

  There has solid consensus in the AVTCORE WG to do this work.
  The WG process has been making good progress with a reasonable
  amount of persons involved in reviewing and commenting on the
  document. 

Document Quality

  There has been several reviewers that combined make the Shepherd
  convinced that this document has no substantiative issues. First 
  Colin Perkins has reviewed the RTP/RTCP recommendations. Then 
  Art Allison and John Fletcher has reviewed and commented on the 
  time and clock aspects of this document. The shepherd is not yet 
  aware of any implementation of this specification. 

Personnel
  
  Magnus Westerlund is the Document Shepherd and Richard Barnes
  the responsible AD.