Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 02:59:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Sending Multiple Media Streams in a Single RTP Session
        Authors         : Jonathan Lennox
                          Magnus Westerlund
                          Qin Wu
                          Colin Perkins
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-04.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2014-05-28

Abstract:
   This document expands and clarifies the behavior of the Real-Time
   Transport Protocol (RTP) endpoints when they are using multiple
   synchronization sources (SSRCs), e.g. for sending multiple media
   streams, in a single RTP session.  In particular, issues involving
   RTCP Control Protocol (RTCP) messages are described.

   This document updates RFC 3550 in regards to handling of multiple
   SSRCs per endpoint in RTP sessions.  It also updates RFC 4585 to
   update and clarify the calculation of the timeout of SSRCs and the
   inclusion of feeback messages.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 13:07:18 +0200

WG,

This version contains one set of changes all related to RTCP
transmission and timeout calculation. First there is an AVPF "bug"
description to make clear why regular RTCP suppression mechanism and a
specific value of T_rr_interval may not be doing what one fully expect.
Secondly, there is a discussion of how this bug can cause pre-mature
timeout of SSRCs that are sending RTP intermittent. Thirdly, it captures
how this affect what value of T_rr_interval one should use to maximize
interoperability with RTP/AVP profile users if needed. Fourth it
actually proposes to update AVPF (RFC 4585) to use the same timeout
behavior based on Tmin independent on value of T_rr_interval.

So please review this and provide feedback.

Cheers

Magnus

On 2014-05-28 11:59, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
> 
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------