Subject: [AVTCORE] status of RFC 3611 errata 3795

From: Brett Tate <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 07:31:16 -0400

Hi,

Concerning the status of RFC 3611 errata 3795, I recommend that the
proposed change be accepted.

Original Text
-------------
rtcp-xr-attrib = "a=" "rtcp-xr" ":" [xr-format *(SP xr-format)] CRLF

Corrected Text
--------------
rtcp-xr-attrib = "a=" "rtcp-xr" [ ":" xr-format *(SP xr-format)] CRLF

RFC 3611's rtcp-xr-attrib ABNF conflicts with RFC 2327's (and RFC 4566's)
attribute ABNF.  RFC 2327 and RFC 4566 require a byte-string after the
colon.  RFC 3611 requires the colon even if no byte-string after it.  This
is causing interoperability issues.

If you think rfc4566bis should somehow be modified to accommodate RFC
3611, the topic is currently being discussed within mmusic.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mmusic/current/msg13668.html

Thanks,
Brett