Subject: [AVTCORE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-aes-gcm-14.txt> (AES-GCM and AES-CCM Authenticated Encryption in Secure RTP (SRTP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 14:04:25 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document:
- 'AES-GCM and AES-CCM Authenticated Encryption in Secure RTP (SRTP)'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-aes-gcm-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-09-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines how AES-GCM and AES-CCM Authenticated
   Encryption with Associated Data algorithms can be used to provide
   confidentiality and data authentication in the SRTP protocol.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-aes-gcm/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-aes-gcm/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.