Subject: [AVTCORE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp-06.txt> (The ARIA Algorithm and Its Use with the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol(SRTP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 14:01:40 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document:
- 'The ARIA Algorithm and Its Use with the Secure Real-time Transport
   Protocol(SRTP)'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-09-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the use of the ARIA block cipher algorithm
   within the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) for providing
   confidentiality for the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) traffic
   and for the control traffic for RTP, the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP).
   It details three modes of operation (CTR, CCM, GCM) and a SRTP Key
   Derivation Function for ARIA.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.