Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 00:49:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : The ARIA Algorithm and Its Use with the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol(SRTP)
        Authors         : Woo-Hwan Kim
                          Jungkeun Lee
                          Je-Hong Park
                          Daesung Kwon
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp-08.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2015-05-29

Abstract:
   This document defines the use of the ARIA block cipher algorithm
   within the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) for providing
   confidentiality for the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) traffic
   and for the control traffic for RTP, the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP).
   It details two modes of operation (CTR, GCM) and a SRTP Key
   Derivation Function for ARIA.  Additionally, this document defines
   DTLS-SRTP protection profiles and MIKEY parameter sets for the use
   with ARIA.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: John Mattsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 11:49:56 +0000

Hi,

As the new version introduces GCM_8, my previous analysis of
draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-aes-gcm-15 is now fully valid also for
draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp-08 with the same conclusions and
recommendations.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/avt/current/msg16747.html

Cheers,
John

------------------------------------------------------------------
John Mattsson
MSc Engineering Physics, MSc Business Administration and Economics
Ericsson IETF Security Coordinator
Senior Researcher, Security

Ericsson AB                             Phone +46 10 71 43 501
  
Ericsson Research                       SMS/MMS +46 76 11 53 501
Färögatan 6                             john.mattsson at ericsson.com
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden             www.ericsson.com
------------------------------------------------------------------

On 29/05/15 09:49, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt