Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-topologies-update-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 04:30:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : RTP Topologies
        Authors         : Magnus Westerlund
                          Stephan Wenger
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-topologies-update-09.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2015-06-30

Abstract:
   This document discusses point to point and multi-endpoint topologies
   used in Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP)-based environments.  In
   particular, centralized topologies commonly employed in the video
   conferencing industry are mapped to the RTP terminology.

   This document is updated with additional topologies and replaces RFC
   5117.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-topologies-update/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-topologies-update-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-topologies-update-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 13:32:27 +0200

WG,

This document was approved last Thursday, but there was a comment about 
making clear what the changes are. Thus, I have added the following 
paragraph in the Introduction section:

    The new topologies are Point to Point via Middlebox (Section 3.2),
    Source Specific Multicast (Section 3.3.2), SSM with Local Unicast
    Resources (Section 3.3.3), Point to Multipoint Using Mesh
    (Section 3.4), Selective Forwarding Middlebox (Section 3.7), and
    Split Component Terminal (Section 3.10).  The Point to Multipoint
    Using the RFC 3550 Mixer Model (Section 3.6) has been significantly
    expanded and cover two different versions namely Media Mixing Mixer
    (Section 3.6.1), and Media Switching (Section 3.6.2).

I hope none have an issue with this. If you do, you better raise it quickly.

Cheers

Magnus
(as editor)

[email-masked] skrev den 2015-06-30 13:30:
> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
>
>

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 16:26:18 -0500

This update looks good to me. Do you want me to wait a bit to see if 
anyone reports an issue, or just approve it?  (I'm okay either way.)

On 30 Jun 2015, at 6:32, Magnus Westerlund wrote:

> WG,
>
> This document was approved last Thursday, but there was a comment 
> about making clear what the changes are. Thus, I have added the 
> following paragraph in the Introduction section:
>