Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-sdes-00.txt

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 16:44:06 +0200

Hi,

I have reviewed this draft based on the split.

1. Section 1:

    This document defines Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP)
    [RFC3711] crypto suites based on the the ARIA [RFC5794] block cipher
    algorithm for use with the SDP Security Descriptions attributes
    [RFC4568].

I think this paragraph needs to be rewritten with the goal to make it 
clear that it is a SDP Security Description definition for what is 
defined in [draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp]. As currently formulated one 
can get the impression that it actually defines the ARIA crypto suits 
for SRTP.

2. Removal of AEAD_ARIA_128_GCM_8.

Based on that this cipher is not meeting the expected security goals I 
think it should be removed.

3. Section 2.

Section heading "Patameters" should be changed to "Parameters".

4. Section 2:

For the CTR cipher suites depending on the answer on the main aria draft 
you may have to change the lines for lifetime:

"Default key lifetime            | 2^31 packets "

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 16:46:35 +0200

Just correcting the sender list.

/Magnus

Magnus Westerlund skrev den 2015-06-02 16:44:
> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
>
>

-- 

Magnus Westerlund