Subject: [AVTCORE] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC3611 (4386)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 12:13:12 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3611,
"RTP Control Protocol Extended Reports (RTCP XR)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3611&eid=4386

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Tong Zhou <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.7.2

Original Text
-------------
   For example, a 1 denotes a received packet, 0 a lost packet, and X a
   discarded packet in the following pattern covering 64 packets:

      11110111111111111111111X111X1011110111111111111111111X111111111
      |---------gap----------|--burst---|------------gap------------|

   The burst consists of the twelve packets indicated above, starting at
   a discarded packet and ending at a lost packet.  The first gap starts
   at the beginning of the session and the second gap ends at the time
   of the report.

   If the packet spacing is 10 ms and the Gmin value is the recommended
   value of 16, the burst duration is 120 ms, the burst density 0.33,
   the gap duration 230 ms + 290 ms = 520 ms, and the gap density 0.04.

Corrected Text
--------------
   For example, a 1 denotes a received packet, 0 a lost packet, and X a
   discarded packet in the following pattern covering 64 packets:

      11110111111111111111111X111X1011110111111111111111111X1111111111
      |---------gap----------|--burst---|------------gap------------|

   The burst consists of the twelve packets indicated above, starting at
   a discarded packet and ending at a lost packet.  The first gap starts
   at the beginning of the session and the second gap ends at the time
   of the report.

   If the packet spacing is 10 ms and the Gmin value is the recommended
   value of 16, the burst duration is 120 ms, the burst density 0.33,
   the gap duration 230 ms + 290 ms = 520 ms, and the gap density 0.04.

Notes
-----
The pattern in the example shows 63 packets rather than 64. Added a "1" at the end. Another option is to keep the pattern unchanged, and redo the math.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3611 (draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-report-extns-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RTP Control Protocol Extended Reports (RTCP XR)
Publication Date    : November 2003
Author(s)           : T. Friedman, Ed., R. Caceres, Ed., A. Clark, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Audio/Video Transport
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG