Subject: [AVTCORE] Virtual Queue for Today's AVTCORE Session at IETF 93

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 03:41:03 -0700

AVTCORE WG Participants,

If you are planning to participate in the AVTCORE session here at IETF 93 this afternoon — either locally in Prague or as a remote participant — we want to make sure that you are aware that the IETF is providing a remote participants with a new way to ask questions or make comments. In addition to using the Jabber room, for the AVTCORE session there is also the opportunity for remote participants to enter a virtual queue and ask questions directly into the meeting room. 

This experimental queue was used in a few sessions at IETF 92, so you may have already seen it in action. Some improvements have been made since the last meeting, but the concept is the same. There will be two queues for the AVTCORE session — a virtual queue and an actual (in-room) queue. 
Remote attendees will log into the Meetecho platform and will have a virtual mic line that they can enter if they have a question or comment. In-room participants will continue to use normal mic lines. 

Instructions for remote participants are athttp://ietf93.conf.meetecho.com/index.php/Remote_Participation.

Join the Meetecho session for AVTCORE at 13:00 today using this link: http://www.meetecho.com/ietf93/avtcore

Verify that you are WebRTC compliant (required to use the virtual queue) by performing a self-test here: http://ietf93.conf.meetecho.com/index.php/Self_Test

Regards,
Alexa

----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>

---

From: "Mo Zanaty (mzanaty)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 22:39:30 +0000

Alexa, AMS, and Meetecho teams,

While there were a few glitches in some sessions, I think this was a great
showcase of how IETF technology in the right hands can really improve the
meeting experience, for both remote and in-room attendees. Keep up the
great work! Maybe add the option for remote attendees to send video next
time? (Although the pac-man ghosts were quite fitting avatars.)

Cheers,
Mo

On 7/22/15, 6:41 AM, avt on behalf of Alexa Morris <[email-masked]
on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

AVTCORE WG Participants,

If you are planning to participate in the AVTCORE session here at IETF 93
this afternoon ‹ either locally in Prague or as a remote participant ‹ we
want to make sure that you are aware that the IETF is providing a remote
participants with a new way to ask questions or make comments. In addition
to using the Jabber room, for the AVTCORE session there is also the
opportunity for remote participants to enter a virtual queue and ask
questions directly into the meeting room.

This experimental queue was used in a few sessions at IETF 92, so you may
have already seen it in action. Some improvements have been made since the
last meeting, but the concept is the same. There will be two queues for
the AVTCORE session ‹ a virtual queue and an actual (in-room) queue.
Remote attendees will log into the Meetecho platform and will have a
virtual mic line that they can enter if they have a question or comment.
In-room participants will continue to use normal mic lines.

Instructions for remote participants are
athttp://ietf93.conf.meetecho.com/index.php/Remote_Participation.

Join the Meetecho session for AVTCORE at 13:00 today using this link:
http://www.meetecho.com/ietf93/avtcore

Verify that you are WebRTC compliant (required to use the virtual queue)
by performing a self-test here:
http://ietf93.conf.meetecho.com/index.php/Self_Test

Regards,
Alexa

----------

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt