Subject: [AVTCORE] AD Evaluation of draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-optimisation-08

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 15:46:57 -0600

Hi,

Here is my AD Evaluation of 
draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-optimisation-08:

Ben.

-----------

Substantive Comments:
=====================

-3.1, 4th paragraph:

Is “SHOULD NOT…unless” the actual intent? That means you 
shouldn’t do it unless that condition occurs, or you have some other 
good reason and understand the consequences. (as compared to "MUST NOT 
… unless")

-4.2, 1st paragraph:

Does this refer to third-party observers? (That is, observers not 
involved in the signaling of support for rtcp-rgrp?

-7.2, reference to RFC3264:

Should this be a normative reference? I’m not sure 3.6 will make much 
sense without it.

Editorial Comments:
===================

-3.1, 5th paragraph:

Option "A" is hard to parse. I suggest:

"... if another reporting source exists,  have it report on the remote 
SSRCs that the departing source reported ..."

- 3.2.1, 2nd paragraph:

Consider active voice for the first sentence, i.e. "This document 
defines..."

- 3.2.2, 1st paragraph:

Consider active voice for the first sentence, i.e. "This document 
defines..."

- 3.6, 2nd to last paragraph: "... neither agents SHALL use..."

Please restate as SHALL NOT/MUST NOT.

-4.1, last paragraph: "approximately 8.9"

That's a rather precise approximation :-)