Subject: [AVTCORE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-09.txt> (Sending Multiple Media Streams in a Single RTP Session) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 14:57:47 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document:
- 'Sending Multiple Media Streams in a Single RTP Session'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-11-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo expands and clarifies the behaviour of Real-time Transport
   Protocol (RTP) endpoints that use multiple synchronization sources
   (SSRCs).  This occurs, for example, when an endpoint sends multiple
   media streams in a single RTP session.  This memo updates RFC 3550
   with regards to handling multiple SSRCs per endpoint in RTP sessions,
   with a particular focus on RTCP behaviour.  It also updates RFC 4585
   to update and clarify the calculation of the timeout of SSRCs and the
   inclusion of feedback messages.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.