Subject: [AVTCORE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-media-rtp-session-11.txt> (Sending Multiple Types of Media in a Single RTP Session) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 13:56:15 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document:
- 'Sending Multiple Types of Media in a Single RTP Session'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-media-rtp-session-11.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies how an RTP session can contain RTP Streams
   with media from multiple media types such as audio, video, and text.
   This has been restricted by the RTP Specification, and thus this
   document updates RFC 3550 and RFC 3551 to enable this behaviour for
   applications that satisfy the applicability for using multiple media
   types in a single RTP session.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-media-rtp-session/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-media-rtp-session/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.