Subject: [AVTCORE] RFC 8285 on A General Mechanism for RTP Header Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 17:23:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8285

        Title:      A General Mechanism for RTP 
                    Header Extensions 
        Author:     D. Singer, 
                    H. Desineni,
                    R. Even, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 54893
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5285

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtcore-rfc5285-bis-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8285

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8285

This document provides a general mechanism to use the header
extension feature of RTP (the Real-time Transport Protocol).  It
provides the option to use a small number of small extensions in each
RTP packet, where the universe of possible extensions is large and
registration is decentralized.  The actual extensions in use in a
session are signaled in the setup information for that session.  This
document obsoletes RFC 5285.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC