Subject: [AVTCORE] [Call for Papers] 1st ACM Workshop on Device-Free Human Sensing (DFHS 2019), A Buildsys Workshop

From: [email-masked] (Mostafa Mirshekari)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 18:59:03 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email. We
cordially invite you to submit your work to the 1st ACM Workshop on
Device-Free Human Sensing (DFHS 2019) which is part of Buildsys
2019. The workshop will be held on November 10, 2019 in New York,
USA.

DFHS 2019 CFP Website: https://dfhs-buildsys.github.io/dfhs2019/cfp.html

DFHS 2019 Submission Website: https://dfhs19.hotcrp.com/

Scope of Conference

The advent of human sensing has enabled many applications in smart buildings
and cities, including healthcare, energy management, and marketing. Considerable
work has been done in the recent past to sense the human using devices which
they carry or wear, such as smartphones and wearables. These approaches,
although potentially accurate, have high installation and maintenance
requirement which limits their application in some real-life applications such
as health/eldercare. This calls for research for device-free human sensing.
Specifically, we need to 1) develop device-free sensing hardware and 2) design
data-driven, physics-based, or physics-guided data-driven algorithms to extract
meaningful information about human status, activities, and behavioral patterns.
Device-free topics of interest for this workshop include but are not limited
to:

Indoor occupant localization/navigation

User identification

User authentication

Indoor activity recognition

Occupancy estimation

Occupant health monitoring

Occupant and Customer behaviour tracking

Mood and emotion assessment

Human-Building and Human-Computer interaction

Human sensing in hazardous environment

In-vehicle people health, mood, and emotion monitoring

New platform or sensing modalities for device-free human sensing

Device-free heterogeneous sensing

Learning algorithms and models for perception, understanding, and adaptation
to deployment variation

Important Dates

Submission deadline: August 8, 2019, 11:59:59pm AOE

Notifications: August 26, 2019, 11:59:59pm AOE

Camera ready : September 6, 2019, 11:59:59pm AOE

Paper Types

We solicit two types of original submissions:

Notes papers (4 pages)

Abstract papers (2 pages)

For more detailed submission guidelines refer to the workshop website. We
enthusiastically look forward to your submissions.

Regards,

Mostafa Mirshekari and Shijia Pan

DFHS 2019 General Chairs