Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-00.txt

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 22:26:29 +0100

A new draft about multi-party-real-time text is available.

It is draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-00

It replaces draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt and contains 
discussions and recommendations on the topic.

It provides reasoning behind what is specified in 
draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-source and also reasoning for other 
cases than the centralised SIP conferencing model.

I noticed that the main reasoning is about RTP and RTP-mixer and 
therefore changed it to contain avtcore in the name, indicating a hope 
to get it discussed in avtcore.

Regards

Gunnar

-------- Vidarebefordrat meddelande --------

	

  New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

Title : Real-time text solutions for multi-party sessions
Author : Gunnar Hellstrom
Filename : draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-00.txt
Pages : 43
Date : 2020-03-28

Abstract:
This document specifies methods for Real-Time Text (RTT) media
handling in multi-party calls. The main RTT transport is to carry
Real-Time text by the RTP protocol in a time-sampled mode according
to RFC 4103 [RFC4103] . The mechanisms enable the receiving
application to present the received real-time text media separated
per source, in different ways according to user preferences. Some
presentation related features are also described explaining suitable
variations of transmission and presentation of text.

Call control features are described for the SIP environment. A
number of alternative methods for providing the multi-party
negotiation, transmission and presentation are discussed and a
recommendation for the main ones is provided. The main solution for
SIP based centralized multi-party handling of real-time text is
achieved through a media control unit coordinating multiple RTP text
streams into one RTP stream.

Alternative methods using a single RTP stream and source
identification inline in the text stream are also described, one of
them being provided as a lower functionality fallback method for
endpoints with no multi-party awareness for RTT.

Bridging methods where the text stream is carried without the
contents being dealt with in detail by the bridge are also discussed.

Brief information is also provided for multi-party RTT in the WebRTC
environment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt