Subject: [AVTCORE] New version - draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source-02.txt

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 22:02:45 +0100

A new version of draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source on the 
topic of multi-party real-time text is available.

The main modifications are results of the discussions in the list:

1. The transmission interval is decreased to 100 ms as one action to 
improve mixer switching performance.

2. A requirement is introduced that if the multi-party capability 
negotiation fails, then the mixer should mix for a multi-party unaware 
endpoint.

3. Details and example figures are added to the presentation 
considerations.

4. A short description of multi-party mixing for multi-party-unaware 
endpoints is added including example figures

5. A note about deviation of use of the CSRC list between RFC 2198 and 
the draft specification is introduced.

6. A number of minor editorial enhancements.

See below for links.

Regards

Gunnar

---------

Ämne: 	I-D Action: draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source-02.txt
Datum: 	Thu, 26 Mar 2020 13:36:59 -0700
Från: 	[email-masked]
Svar till: 	[email-masked]
Till: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

Title : Indicating source of multi-party Real-time text
Author : Gunnar Hellstrom
Filename : draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source-02.txt
Pages : 20
Date : 2020-03-26

Abstract:
Real-time text mixers for multi-party sessions need to identify the
source of each transmitted group of text so that the text can be
presented by endpoints in suitable grouping with other text from the
same source.

Regional regulatory requirements specify provision of real-time text
in multi-party calls. RFC 4103 mixer implementations can use
traditional RTP functions for source identification, but the mixer
source switching performance is limited when using the default
transmission with redundancy.

An enhancement for RFC 4103 real-time text mixing is provided in the
present specification, suitable for a centralized conference model
that enables source identification and efficient source switching.
The intended use is for real-time text mixers and multi-party-aware
participant endpoints. The mechanism builds on use of the CSRC list
in the RTP packet.

A capability exchange is specified so that it can be verified that a
participant can handle the multi-party coded real-time text stream.
The capability is indicated by an sdp media attribute "rtt-mix".

A brief description about how a mixer can format text for the case
when the endpoint is not multi-party aware is also provided.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt