Subject: [AVTCORE] Next steps for draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 21:30:02 +0200

I am aware of a few issues in draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-01 
that require action.

The topics are:

1) SDP examples and better description and visibility of security by 
OSRTP RFC 8634.

2) Expand the description of gatewaying to WebRTC data channel.

3) Consider moving 13.2 - multi-party unaware mixing, to an appendix, 
leaving a very brief intro of the topic in 13.2.  That would make it 
more evident that it is a completely different method and just a fall-back.

4) Should there be a negotiable limit of the number of possible 
simultaneous participants sending text? And if so, how shall a case be 
handled when the limit is reached?

5) Improve in chapter 2  the description of the redundancy header and 
text areas in the packet: The number of bits for each piece, the value 
of the timestamp offsets. The order of the different parts etc.

I am editing on these topics and plan to provide a new version soon.

Regards

Gunnar

-- 
Gunnar Hellström
GHAccess
[email-masked]