Subject: [AVTCORE] RFC 8817 on RTP Payload Format for Tactical Secure Voice Cryptographic Interoperability Specification (TSVCIS) Codec

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 17:14:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8817

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for Tactical Secure 
                    Voice Cryptographic Interoperability 
                    Specification (TSVCIS) Codec 
        Author:     V. Demjanenko, 
                    J. Punaro,
                    D. Satterlee
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-payload-tsvcis-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8817

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8817

This document describes the RTP payload format for the Tactical
Secure Voice Cryptographic Interoperability Specification (TSVCIS)
speech coder.  TSVCIS is a scalable narrowband voice coder supporting
varying encoder data rates and fallbacks.  It is implemented as an
augmentation to the Mixed Excitation Linear Prediction Enhanced
(MELPe) speech coder by conveying additional speech coder parameters
to enhance voice quality.  TSVCIS augmented speech data is processed
in conjunction with its temporally matched Mixed Excitation Linear
Prediction (MELP) 2400 speech data.  The RTP packetization of TSVCIS
and MELPe speech coder data is described in detail.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC