Subject: [AVTCORE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-cc-feedback-message-08.txt> (RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Feedback for Congestion Control) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 16:20:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document: - 'RTP Control
Protocol (RTCP) Feedback for Congestion Control'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-cc-feedback-message-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-09-16. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes an RTCP feedback message intended to enable
   congestion control for interactive real-time traffic using RTP.  The
   feedback message is designed for use with a sender-based congestion
   control algorithm, in which the receiver of an RTP flow sends RTCP
   feedback packets to the sender containing the information the sender
   needs to perform congestion control.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-cc-feedback-message/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.