Subject: [AVTCORE] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-04.txt

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 11:02:52 +0100

A new version (-04) is available for 
draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions

The document is mainly intended as a background for the specification of 
multi-party procedures for real-time text in 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix/

The change from version -03 to -04 is mainly an alignment of the name of 
the sdp attribute "rtt-mix" used for capability negotiation of the 
multi-party procedures.

Regards
Gunnar

-------- Vidarebefordrat meddelande --------
Ämne: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-04.txt

A new version of I-D, 
draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Gunnar Hellstrom and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions
Revision: 04
Title: Real-time text solutions for multi-party sessions
Document date: 2020-10-30
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 45
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-04.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions/
Html: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-04.html
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-04
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-04

Abstract:
This document specifies methods for Real-Time Text (RTT) media
handling in multi-party calls. The main discussed transport is to
carry Real-Time text by the RTP protocol in a time-sampled mode
according to RFC 4103. The mechanisms enable the receiving
application to present the received real-time text media, separated
per source, in different ways according to user preferences. Some
presentation related features are also described explaining suitable
variations of transmission and presentation of text.

Call control features are described for the SIP environment. A
number of alternative methods for providing the multi-party
negotiation, transmission and presentation are discussed and a
recommendation for the main ones is provided. The main solution for
SIP based centralized multi-party handling of real-time text is
achieved through a media control unit coordinating multiple RTP text
streams into one RTP stream.

Alternative methods using a single RTP stream and source
identification inline in the text stream are also described, one of
them being provided as a lower functionality fallback method for
endpoints with no multi-party awareness for RTT.

Bridging methods where the text stream is carried without the
contents being dealt with in detail by the bridge are also discussed.

Brief information is also provided for multi-party RTT in the WebRTC
environment.

The intention is to provide background for decisions, specification
and implementation of selected methods.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat