Subject: [AVTCORE] WG Last Call: "RTP Payload Format for VP9 Video"

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 13:30:00 -0800

This is an announcement of WG last call on "RTP Payload Format for VP9
Video"

Abstract

   This memo describes an RTP payload format for the VP9 video codec.
   The payload format has wide applicability, as it supports
   applications from low bit-rate peer-to-peer usage, to high bit-rate
   video conferences.  It includes provisions for temporal and spatial
   scalability.

The document is available for inspection here:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-vp9

The Github Repo for the document is here:
https://github.com/juberti/draughts/issues

WG Last Call will end on December 4, 2020.

In response, please state one of the following:

* I support advancing "RTP Payload Format for VP9 Video" to Proposed
Standard
* I object to advancing "RTP Payload Format for VP9 Video" to Proposed
Standard, due to issues filed in open bug <#number>.

Bernard Aboba
For the Chairs

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 14:23:55 -0800

While I support advancing "RTP Payload Format for VP9 Video" to Proposed
Standard, I did note an issue with Section 5.4, which I believe does not
accurately reflect implementation experience with framemarking:

The issue is filed here:
VP9: Framemarking not usable · Issue #118 · juberti/draughts (github.com)
<https://github.com/juberti/draughts/issues/118>

---

From: Alexandre GOUAILLARD <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 12:43:46 +0800

I support advancing "RTP Payload Format for VP9 Video" to Proposed
Standard, with the same remark as bernard concerning framemarking.

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 6:24 AM Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
>

-- 
Alex. Gouaillard, PhD, PhD, MBA
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
President - CoSMo Software Consulting, Singapore
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sg.linkedin.com/agouaillard

   -