Subject: [AVTCORE] RFC 9134 on RTP Payload Format for ISO/IEC 21122 (JPEG XS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 16:35:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9134

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for ISO/IEC 21122 (JPEG XS) 
        Author:     T. Bruylants,
                    A. Descampe,
                    C. Damman,
                    T. Richter
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-payload-rtp-jpegxs-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9134

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9134

This document specifies a Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
format to be used for transporting video encoded with JPEG XS
(ISO/IEC 21122). JPEG XS is a low-latency, lightweight image coding
system. Compared to an uncompressed video use case, it allows higher
resolutions and video frame rates while offering visually lossless
quality, reduced power consumption, and encoding-decoding latency
confined to a fraction of a video frame.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC