Subject: [AVTCORE] Publication has been requested for draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex-03

From: Bernard Aboba via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 10:42:10 -0700

Bernard Aboba has requested publication of draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex-03 as Proposed Standard on behalf of the AVTCORE working group.

Please verify the document's state at https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex/

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 22:07:58 -0800

Hi, thanks for sending this along.  First round of AD Evaluation comments,
the procedural stuff:

(1) I'm confused about the IANA Considerations section, which refers to
Section 5 for the registrations.  Which IANA registry is this updating?  I
read RFC8285's IANA Considerations, since this document refers to that one,
and couldn't figure it out from that either.

(2) Section 2 is obsolete.  You need to use the full BCP 14 boilerplate
(see RFC 8174).

(3) Section 4 defines a new SDP attribute, referencing RFC 4566 (replaced
by RFC8866), which requires that attributes be registered with IANA, but
this document doesn't appear to do that.  RFC8866 specifies 12 fields
required for such a registration, but this document provides only five.

(4) The shepherd writeup recommends further scrutiny on the SDP section,
and suggests involvement of the SDP Directorate (which apparently, at the
moment, is MMUSIC).  Do you want to get that before we Last Call this, or
do you want to do it as part of Last Call?

-MSK

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 10:42 AM Bernard Aboba via Datatracker <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Bernard Aboba has requested publication of draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex-03
> as Proposed Standard on behalf of the AVTCORE working group.
>
> Please verify the document's state at
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex/
>
>
>