Subject: [AVTCORE] New Version Notification for draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-08.txt

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 21:51:41 +0100

A new version of draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions is 
available.

Even if this draft was mainly needed to reach conclusions on how to 
specify RTP-based multi-party Real-Time Text (RTT) in RFC 9071, it may 
have some value in further work on multi-party RTT.

Therefore I refreshed it and updated references, and made clear which 
solutions were selected for RFC 9071.

Regards

Gunnar

-------- Vidarebefordrat meddelande --------
Ämne: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-08.txt
Datum: 	Thu, 30 Dec 2021 12:43:06 -0800
Från: 	[email-masked]
Till: 	Gunnar Hellstrom <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, 
draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-08.txt
has been successfully submitted by Gunnar Hellstrom and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions
Revision: 08
Title: Real-time text solutions for multi-party sessions
Document date: 2021-12-30
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 47
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-08.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions/
Html: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-08.html
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-08

Abstract:
This document specifies methods for Real-Time Text (RTT) media
handling in multi-party calls. The main discussed transport is to
carry Real-Time text by the RTP protocol in a time-sampled mode
according to RFC 4103. The mechanisms enable the receiving
application to present the received real-time text media, separated
per source, in different ways according to user preferences. Some
presentation related features are also described explaining suitable
variations of transmission and presentation of text.

Call control features are described for the SIP environment. A
number of alternative methods for providing the multi-party
negotiation, transmission and presentation are discussed and a
recommendation for the main ones is provided. The main solution for
SIP based centralized multi-party handling of real-time text is
achieved through a media control unit coordinating multiple RTP text
streams into one RTP stream.

Alternative methods using a single RTP stream and source
identification inline in the text stream are also described, one of
them being provided as a lower functionality fallback method for
endpoints with no multi-party awareness for RTT.

Bridging methods where the text stream is carried without the
contents being dealt with in detail by the bridge are also discussed.

Brief information is also provided for multi-party RTT in the WebRTC
environment.

The intention is to provide background for decisions, specification
and implementation of selected methods. The recommendations have
resulted in the published RFC 9071. This document is maintained
mainly to present the reasoning behind the recommendations and
provide material for any further work in other application areas.

The IETF Secretariat