Subject: [AVTCORE] IDNits Review of draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-vvc

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 14:11:26 -0800

Idnits found 0 errors, 1 warning and 5 comments.

idnits 2.17.00 (12 Aug 2021)

/tmp/idnits919/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-vvc-14.txt:
/tmp/idnits919/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-vvc-14.txt(3591): Found
non-ascii character (Ã) in position 10.

  Checking boilerplate required by RFC 5378 and the IETF Trust (see
  https://trustee.ietf.org/license-info):
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     No issues found here.

  Checking nits according to https://www.ietf.org/id-info/1id-guidelines.txt:
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

  == There is 1 instance of lines with non-ascii characters in the document.

  Checking nits according to https://www.ietf.org/id-info/checklist :
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     No issues found here.

  Miscellaneous warnings:
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

  -- The document date (25 February 2022) is 11 days in the past.  Is this
     intentional?

  Checking references for intended status: Proposed Standard
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     (See RFCs 3967 and 4897 for information about using normative references
     to lower-maturity documents in RFCs)

  -- Looks like a reference, but probably isn't: '0' on line
     1390
'transmission order), AbsDon[0] is set equal to DON[0]....'

  -- Possible downref: Non-RFC (?) normative reference: ref. 'ISO23090-3'

  -- Possible downref: Non-RFC (?) normative reference: ref. 'VSEI'

  -- Possible downref: Non-RFC (?) normative reference: ref. 'VVC'

     Summary: 0 errors (**), 0 flaws (~~), 1 warning (==), 5 comments (--).

---

From: Stephan Wenger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 23:09:24 +0000

Hi Barnard,
Thanks for running Idnits.  As Shuai already pointed out when announcing the latest draft, I do not believe we can/should do anything about these warnings.
-The non-ascii character is an Umlaut in Miska’s address.  I believe that is nowadays fine with the RFC editor, no?  It should be.
-The “looks like a reference” in line 1390 ought to be self-explanatory.  IdNits sometimes confuses array indices with references…
-The three downrefs are all to published ISO or ITU docs, which are fine in the IETF.
Summary: shortcomings in eth toolchain, not bugs in the doc.
S.

From: avt <[email-masked]> on behalf of Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 14:11
To: IETF AVTCore WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: [AVTCORE] IDNits Review of draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-vvc

/tmp/idnits919/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-vvc-14.txt(3591): Found non-ascii character (Ã) in position 10.

     No issues found here.

     No issues found here.

  Miscellaneous warnings:

     intentional?

     1390