Subject: [babel] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-babel-dtls-10: (with COMMENT)

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 19:20:29 -0700

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-babel-dtls-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-dtls/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ comments ]]

[ section 5 ]

* The first sentence of the 3rd paragraphs reads to me like "while DTLS
  provides protection against replay attacks an attacker can still mount
  a replay attack".

  I don't have any constructive proposal to change this, but if it tickles
  something in your mind that might be more clear to those not super
  knowledgeable about DTLS, I'm sure that'll be great.