Subject: [babel] Protocol Action: 'The Babel Routing Protocol' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-babel-rfc6126bis-20.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 07:44:37 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The Babel Routing Protocol'
  (draft-ietf-babel-rfc6126bis-20.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Babel routing protocol Working Group.
This IETF Stream document obsoletes an Independent Stream document. That
step has been agreed by the Independent Stream Editor.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Deborah Brungard and Martin
Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-rfc6126bis/

Technical Summary

   Babel is a loop-avoiding distance-vector routing protocol that is
   designed to be robust and efficient both in networks using prefix-
   based routing and in networks using flat routing ("mesh networks"),
   and both in relatively stable wired networks and in highly dynamic
   wireless networks.  This document describes the Babel routing
   protocol, and obsoletes RFCs 6126 and 7557

Working Group Summary

  Nothing of note -- all WG discussions over the changes between 6126
  and 6126bis were resolved.

Document Quality

  The document is of good quality. There are multiple implementations.
  Also, there are RFC 6126 implementations not yet updated but
  experience has shown these are easily updated to rfc6126bis.

Personnel

  Donald Eastlake is shepherd
  Martin Vigoureux is the responsible area director