Subject: [babel] Protocol Action: 'Babel Routing Protocol over Datagram Transport Layer Security' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-babel-dtls-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 07:41:45 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Babel Routing Protocol over Datagram Transport Layer Security'
  (draft-ietf-babel-dtls-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Babel routing protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Deborah Brungard and Martin
Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-dtls/

Technical Summary

The Babel Routing Protocol does not contain any means to authenticate
neighbours or protect messages sent between them.  This documents
specifies a mechanism to ensure these properties, using Datagram
Transport Layer Security (DTLS).

Working Group Summary

There was a clear consensus in favor of the document. There was no
opposition except for one participant who changed to support.

Document Quality

The document is of good quality and has had a reasonable variety of
reviews with comments resolved to the satisfaction of the reviewers.

Personnel

     Document Shepherd: Donald Eastlake
     Responsible Area Director: Martin Vigoureux