Subject: [babel] I-D Action: draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 09:42:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Babel routing protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv4 routes with an IPv6 next-hop in the Babel routing protocol
        Author          : Juliusz Chroboczek
	Filename        : draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-04.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-06-08

Abstract:
   This document defines an extension to the Babel routing protocol that
   allows annoncing routes to an IPv4 prefix with an IPv6 next-hop,
   which makes it possible for IPv4 traffic to flow through interfaces
   that have not been assigned an IPv4 address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 18:47:30 +0200

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-04.txt

I've expanded the introduction, it is hopefully more legible now.  I've
added some text to clarify that retractions with AE 1 (IPv4) and 4 (v4-via-v6)
are completely equivalent, and that it is therefore an arbitrary choice
which AE to use for a retraction.  I've also replaced "AE TBD" with "AE
4 (v4-via-v6) throughout the document.  I've updated the IANA considerations
to indicate that the AE has been allocated.

Unless somebody has further comments, I suggest that this document should
be moved forward.

-- Juliusz

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 16:40:45 -0700

I've read the diff. I find the new introduction much clearer,
and I believe the document to be ready to be moved forward.

David

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 9:47 AM Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> babel mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/babel
>