Subject: [babel] Last Call: <draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-07.txt> (IPv4 routes with an IPv6 next hop in the Babel routing protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 07:29:38 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Babel routing protocol WG (babel) to
consider the following document: - 'IPv4 routes with an IPv6 next hop in the
Babel routing protocol'
  <draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-02-08. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines an extension to the Babel routing protocol that
   allows annoncing routes to an IPv4 prefix with an IPv6 next-hop,
   which makes it possible for IPv4 traffic to flow through interfaces
   that have not been assigned an IPv4 address.  This document updates
   RFC 8966.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.