Subject: [babel] I-D Action: draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 08:30:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Babel routing protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv4 routes with an IPv6 next hop in the Babel routing protocol
        Author          : Juliusz Chroboczek
	Filename        : draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-07.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2022-01-16

Abstract:
   This document defines an extension to the Babel routing protocol that
   allows annoncing routes to an IPv4 prefix with an IPv6 next-hop,
   which makes it possible for IPv4 traffic to flow through interfaces
   that have not been assigned an IPv4 address.  This document updates
   RFC 8966.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 17:33:59 +0100

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-07.txt

This integrates the tweaks requested by Martin.  The only change I did not
integrate was the removal of the option to borrow an address from
a different interface, since this usage is well-established, and reflects
the default behaviour of Linux (and probably other systems that use the
weak host model).

My apologies for the delay, it's a rather complicated period on my side.

-- Juliusz