Subject: Re: [Banana] Meeting of 29 March 2017: minutes

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 13:46:01 -0500

One point ...

On Mar 30, 2017 23:18, "Juliusz Chroboczek" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi,

Deleted WAY down to

MC: send it to Shuresh, he's probably going to change it.

Mirja: Shuresh -> IESG -> external review.

MC: IAB review?

Mirja: no

When the IESG is reviewing a proposed charter, that's called "internal
review" in the datatracker.

The IAB is also copied on the email that announces internal review.

If one or more ADs have gone into the weeds, IAB members may comment at
that time.

Of course, they can also comment during Last Call as well.

So, Mirja is correct, and there's not a formal step called IAB Review, but
since the IAB has oversight responsibility for the Internet Architecture in
RFC 2850, individual members do pay attention to proposed working group
charters.

For extra credit, the IESG ballots twice, once on "ready to send the
charter out to the community for comments" and once on "ready to charter
the working group".

So, you may see two sets of comments, one per ballot. This has been true
for a while, but we've only been copying the working group mailing lists on
internal review ballot comments for a couple of years, lots of people are
still seeing those for the first time.

MC: BoF already a lot of interest, hope for WG-forming in Prague.

Mirja: the charter's intentions are clear, suggests adding a milestone.

MC: agrees, maybe multiple milestones.

The note-taker collapses with exhaustion.

I look forward to your BOF in Prague.

Spencer