Subject: [Bec] CFP - IEEE GLOBECOM 2019 Workshop - MobileEdgeCom - Deadline July 7th

From: Gianluca Antonio Rizzo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2019 10:16:09 +0200

(Apologies if you received multiple copies of this call)

**************************** MobileEdgeCom 2019 CFP
***************************

The International Workshop on New and Disruptive Technologies and
Applications for Mobile Edge/Fog Computing - MobileEdgeCom 2019

http://mobileedgecom.hevs.ch/

Waikoloa, HI, USA, December 9-13, 2019

Co-located with The IEEE Global Communications Conference (IEEE Globecom
2019) - https://globecom2019.ieee-globecom.org/

INTRODUCTION
=============

The recent evolution of ICT has led to an increasing pervasiveness of
sensing and computing, with the consequent generation of massive amount of
data, calling for scalable and efficient decentralized approaches to data
storage and elaboration. This has originated a progressive shift towards
Fog and Smart-Edge nodes, mediating between the cloud and the end devices.
The Fog/Edge computing paradigm is a decentralized model that transfers
(part of) computing-intensive tasks from the cloud to intermediate (fog)
nodes or to edge nodes. It typically leverages the computational
capabilities of virtually any networked device, including resources such as
laptops, smartphones, tablets and sensors. Within the context of cellular
networks, The Edge Computing approach has led to Mobile Edge Computing
(MEC), enabling operators to run applications and perform related
processing tasks closer to the cellular customer, reducing network
congestion while improving latency and application performance. Such a
vision is further boosted by the advent of 5G technologies, and the
relative softwarization and virtualization of the main functionalities
within the cellular network. Many research issues are currently open in
MEC. At the same time, MEC is paving the way to many disruptive and novel
application and business models, unforeseen previously, by boosting the
visionary concepts of smart cities and factories.
This workshop aims at collecting contributions highlighting challenges,
state-of-the-art, and solutions to a set of currently open issues in MEC,
including – but not limited to – performance, modelling, optimization,
energy-efficiency, reliability, security, privacy and techno-economic
aspects of Edge Computing. Through addressing these concerns while
understanding their impacts and limitations, technological advancements
will be channeled toward more sustainable/efficient platforms for
tomorrow’s ever-connected systems and industrial applications. This
workshop will welcome two kinds of contributions:
• Research papers on innovative ideas, applications and solutions within
the context of Mobile Edge Computing, which identify challenges, report
experiences, and discuss progress towards design, solutions for MEC;
• Position papers, describing revolutionary and visionary concepts related
to Mobile Edge Computing and its applications, which identify vision/ideas
of MEC where novel technologies taken from 5G, or even 6G, blockchain,
virtualization are applied.
This workshop aims at bringing together leading researchers from both
academia and industry, providing an opportunity for them to share their
vision on Mobile Edge Computing and novel disruptive ideas, with the
potential of opening up novel research directions and/or applications. The
goal is to solicit new ideas, insights and inspiration for the current
research on Mobile Edge/Fog Computing.

SCOPE AND TOPICS

================

Original papers are welcome on (but not limited to):
● Architectures and Middleware for MEC
● Distributed data storage and retrieval in MEC
● Performance and Security issues
● Energy efficiency aspects in MEC
● Architectures and Middleware for MEC
● Edge Intelligence
● 5G-enabled Edge Computing
● Edge Computing for Industrial Automation
● Blockchain-based Edge Computing
● Edge Computing within the Internet of Things
● Energy-efficient architectures/solutions for MEC
● Energy harvesting and offloading for MEC
● Network slicing and Resource allocation at the Edge.

IMPORTANT DATES
================

·Paper submission deadline: June 30, 2019
·Paper acceptance notification: August 15, 2019
·Final camera ready and registration: September 15, 2019

PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINE
==========================

The workshop accepts only novel, previously unpublished papers. All
submissions should be written in English with a maximum paper length of six
(6) printed pages (10-point font) including figures without incurring
additional page charges (maximum 1 additional page with over-length page
charge if accepted).

Submission link : http://edas.info/N26276

MobileEdgeCom 2019 Committees
==========================

Program Chair

Christian Esposito, University of Napoli “Federico II”, Italy (
[email-masked])
Gianluca Rizzo, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland (HES-SO)
– Valais, Switzerland ([email-masked])
Jiannong Cao, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong (
[email-masked])
Antonio Jara, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland (HES-SO) –
Valais, Switzerland ([email-masked])

Publicity Chair
Matthieu Delaloye, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland
(HES-SO) – Valais, Switzerland ([email-masked])

-- 
Dr. Gianluca Rizzo, PhD
Connected Experience Lab (ConExLab) - Institute of Information Systems (IIG)
University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland - HES SO Valais