Subject: [BEEPwg] [ANN] Vortex Library stable release 1.0.1 is ready!

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:52:54 +0100

###########################################
       ##  Vortex Library 1.0.1 Stable Release  ##
       ###########################################

Release note
~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce the Vortex
  Library 1.0.1 availability: an open source "BEEP Core" protocol
  implementation written in C, mapped onto TCP/IP.

  Vortex Library has been developed inside the Af-Arch project as its
  data transport layer.

  Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
  development toolkit. Currently it is running under Microsoft Windows
  and GNU/Linux platforms.

  Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:

    - http://vortex.aspl.es
      [Vortex Library homepage]
 
    - http://www.sf.net/projects/vortexlibrary
      [Sources and Win32 binaries]

    - http://fact.aspl.es
      [Af-Arch homepage where Vortex Library is being developed]

    - http://www.beepcore.org
      [BEEP Core community web site]

    - http://xml.aspl.es
      [Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
    
The release in short
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  This new release includes a vortex listener API update to enable
  applications to start and stop selected listeners. 

  It is also included a new vortex TLS API which allows full control
  while creating SSL context, allowing to configure any minimal detail
  such cipher list, verification options, etc.

Thanks to..
~~~~~~~~~~~
  Thomas Unterleitner (detected and fixed wrong empty struct 
  declaration, wrong variable order declaration inside 
  vortex_channel_update_incoming_buffer).

  Milton Yates (deteced and fixedwrong -ltermcap declaration for 
  vortex-client and for its appreciated gentoo package support).

Changes since 1.0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  
* [fix] Making frame received notification to increase channel
  reference counting just after notifying the frame, and to decrease
  it.

* [fix] Minimal vortex internal updates to conform Axl Library API.

* [fix] Removed empty struct declared but not used (Reported and Fixed
  by Thomas Unterleitner).

* [fix] Fixed wrong variable order declaration inside
  vortex_channel_update_incoming_buffer (Reported and Fixed by Thomas
  Unterleitner).

* [fix] Removed vortex_writer_data_free function. No longer used.

* [fix] Replaced previous calls to g_realloc with realloc.

* [fix] General update to ensure memory handling is not done through
  glib.
 
* [fix] Updating exarg files included inside the xml-rpc-gen tool.

* [fix] Removing vortex sequencer semaphore from the API documentation
  and making vortex sequencer module to not create the semaphore that
  is no longer used.

* [fix] General update to the test files, ansificating them (problems
  with comments nothing more).

* [fix] Applied general change to make gint to be replaced by plain
  int type. Also renamed GPOINTER_TO_INT and GINT_TO_POINTER to
  PTR_TO_INT and INT_TO_PTR macros.

* [fix] Global update to make gpointer and gboolean to be no longer
  used and instead used axlPointer and bool.

* [fix] Added two new internal definitions to handle function
  pre-conditions:
  
   - v_return_if_fail
   - v_return_val_if_fail

* [fix] Replaced all calls to g_return_if_fail and
  g_return_val_if_fail with the appropriate macros. Updated libvortex
  and xml-rpc-gen tool.

* [fix] Making vortex_log to not use ansi characters if compiled
  without gnu gcc tools.

* [fix] fixed bug inside vortex_io.c module (a function was returning
  from a function returning void).

* [fix] fixed some warnings exposed by visual studio. Committing visual
  studio files to compile libvortex and its regression tests.

* [new] Added new test to check new features added: closing listeners
  created and unregistering profiles. Test file name:
  vortex-close-listeners.c

* [new] Added support to make possible to close listeners created. Now
  vortex_listener_new, vortex_listener_new2 and
  vortex_listener_new_full returns references to the listener created
  (VortexConnection).

* [new] Added a new function to create a listener, which provides a
  notification with the listener created, providing the reference of
  the listener. Also added a new associated handler. API added:

   - vortex_listener_new_full
   - VortexListenerReadyFull

* [new] Added a new function to allow unregistering profiles. API
  added:

   - vortex_profiles_unregister

* [fix] Replaced all calls to g_build_filename with
  vortex_support_build_filename.

* [fix] Making vortex-regression-client to not check SASL DIGEST-MD5
  under windows platform until fixed gsasl problem.

* [fix] some fixings to make Visual C 6.0 to be happy.

* [fix] Fixing wrong definition of vortex_log at vortex headers while
  compiling with Visual C 6.0.

* [fix] Removed -ltermpcap link flag from vortex-client compilation
  (Reported and Fixed by Milton Yates).

* [fix] fixed minor warning inside vortex tls module.

* [new] Implemented an alternative method to configure the TLS
  process, providing all control to create the SSL_CTX object, which
  is the element defined to drive all the process. Now the library
  will provided a way to configure a global or per connection handler
  to be executed to create the SSL_CTX object. API added:
  
   - vortex_tls_set_ctx_creation
   - vortex_tls_set_default_ctx_creation
   - VortexTlsCtxCreation (handler)

* [new] Provided to the vortex tls module a way to install globally or
  per connection a function to be called to perform a post-check, once
  the TLS activation process have finished. API added:

   - vortex_tls_set_post_check
   - vortex_tls_set_default_post_check
   - VortexTlsPostCheck (handler).

* [fix] Fixed several missing "const" declaration inside vortex
  channel, vortex frame factory and vortex xml rpc.

* [fix] removing limitations found inside the status documentation,
  about TLS.  They are now implemented. Updating version file and
  module export.

* [fix] Fixing minor warnings and wrong const declarations.

About Us
~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
  complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
  enterprise process.

  Af-Arch project relies on Vortex Library to exchange data between
  its distributed nodes.

  Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
  and consulting services to help organization to introduce GNU/Linux
  inside its process.

  Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
  and/or BEEP based development services.

  You can reach us:

       http://www.aspl.es - [email-masked]

  We hope Vortex Library help you. Enjoy Vortex Library!  

--
Francis Brosnan Blázquez           - [email-masked]
Advanced Software Production Line  - http://www.aspl.es
23th Feb 2007, Madrid (Spain)

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://drakken.dbc.mtview.ca.us/mailman/listinfo/beepwg

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:30:19 -0800

>   implementation written in C, mapped onto TCP/IP.

congratulations!!!

/mtr